“Wonderful bruschetta!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 1 August 2015

I really love bruschetta but prefer the traditional tomato bruschetta. This place gave us not only a fabulous bruschetta (fabulous is my husband's word) but a great cheese bruschetta as well. We also got traditional pasta with our meal which was good, but I would have loved to just make a meal of the bruschetta. It is a small one-man shop, at least when we were there, but service was as good as the food.

Reviewed 28 July 2015

Our kids (6 and 3) were getting squirrelly and I knew we had to get them food - fast. Heck, I was hungry as well.
There are only about 5 or 6 tables at La Buca but we were fortunate enough to snag one and could not have been more pleased.
My wife and our nanny had the cheese and salami plate and I would say that 1/2 of it came home with us. Our son devoured his ravioli with butter and sage. I had the spicy pici and cinghiale cacciatore. All was delicious.
But the best part was the friendliness of the owner. He brought our kids each a lollipop at the end of dinner and they were so happy. Then he brought out a bottle of Mirto (a myrtle-based liquor from Sardinia) and Limoncello and treated us to complimentary drinks after dinner. The prices were very reasonable and when you combine that with wonderful food and superior hospitality, you have a winner.
Again, it is a SMALL place, so don't expect to just waltz in and get a table. Oh, and it's cash only.
But just go already.

Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

The best food, the best atmosphere and wonderful hosts! Do not miss it in Pienza because you will crave to go there a second time. My husband and I are Italian (and I am from Tuscany) and were looking for a place with authentic food and vibe .... Well we found it! Anything you order here is home made and genuine . You will also love the hosts who have been so gracious with all the guests and had the time to speak with each one of them. This is a small restaurant (only 14 places) and this is a guarantee for tasting true Italian food . Going back tomorrow;-))

Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

Great option with low price! The owner is a great person and we enjoyed the recommendations. Best bruschetta ever!!!!!

Reviewed 12 July 2015

We went to this restaurant based on some of the other reviews here specifically stating how gluten friendly the owners and menu were. However, our experience was VERY different. When we sat down and the menus came, we asked about gluten-free options in our best Italian (my wife and one daughter are GF). The waiter sighed and we were told nothing but bread... at which point, the waiter waled away but came back and tossed on our table a plastic-packaged roll. The guy seemed totally put out that we were even asking about gluten-free options. It was at that point that we just left... and I am very glad we did. I left him a 2 Euro tip for setting the table but I think he was happier he didn't have to cook a gluten free meal.