“Very Good Trattoria”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2018

We enjoyed our meals and the atmosphere. The food was great and the staff were attentive and friendly. I recommend Fiorella for its regional cuisine

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,420)

Reviewed 8 October 2018

You should probably have a reservation if you are coming here. Our hotel suggested this place and called ahead for us. There is an upstairs/downstairs part to this restaurant. The lower part holds about 24 people and the upper part has 6 tables for two. We sat upstairs and were lucky to get the table on the railing overlooking the lower floor. From there we could see all the action below.
The waiter came over right away and we ordered wine. Our dinner choice was rabbit, a specialty in this region and it was delicious. We had excellent service throughout the meal and were very pleased.
It is a testimony to this restaurant that a local group of a "backroads" type of tour had their final dinner here which consisted of about 18 people. The leader did a toast and said he takes all his groups here for the final trip dinner.
That says something !!

Reviewed 16 September 2018

I'm afraid that contrary to some of the beautiful pictures from this restaurant our experience wasn't as good as other people's here...yes we were there in the height of August on a busy, hot summer's evening in lovely Pienza...we sat on the balcony area too, but the food wasn't as good as expected, given the high standards of cuisine across Tuscany.

The restaurant itself is a busy place, and not too big, but the challenge we had upstairs was the fact that a) we were a bit isolated from the waiting staff who weren't that attentive and secondly the aircon unit seemed to work above our heads so it cooled down the main area of the restaurant on ground floor level but we were left roasting upstairs!

As for the food, I was looking forward to my tagliata di vitellone, but put simply I had some very tough meat, which was either a bad cut, or had been cooked poorly as while it looked very appetising it was simply too chewy to be that good. My partner's pasta dish was nicer, but again, was very good rather than excellent. The waiting staff also took forever to come upstairs to give us our bill, and then we wanted to pay, only to find out they hadn't told us to go downstairs, so not really a full table service.

And then to add insult to injury, I went to pay by credit card, as I had very little cash on me, and their credit card machine was apparently not working (not that they tried to work it for me) ...by chance I managed to scrape together the 66 Euros for the meal, but I didn't want to be using cash for dinners out so this was very inconvenient.

Thus, overall this is distinctly average, and I'm sure there are other better places to eat in Pienza given it's one of the culinary capitals of Tuscany!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Party of 15 + 2 late comers and we all ate fantastic food, enjoyed with wine and lager. The owner is a kind, friendly soul and made us very welcome to this beautiful restaurant.

1  Thank SkinnedBignose
Reviewed 24 July 2018

We booked ahead on the advice of our hotel, and that was a good idea. We had a full meal for two for 60 Euro, including 1/2 litre of house wine. An added bonus, our table was beside the table of a mother-daughter pair from Switzerland, who were a delight to talk with.

Service was excellent, and so was the food, of course.

Date of visit: June 2018