“Disappointing”

Baccano Il Panino Toscano
Ranked #10 of 64 Restaurants in Pienza
Price range: USD 6 - USD 28
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had read all the reviews and were very excite to eat here for lunch. When we arrived there were 3 empty tables, but we were told they they were only for reservations. It seemed strange that a place like this doesn't allow walk-ins. They did make us a panini to go, but it was toasted and it was very expensive. They let us borrow wine glasses so we could have our lunch outside, and when we returned the glasses 20 minutes later the 3 tables were still empty. Honestly, we enjoyed the paninis at the Pisa airport before our departure more.

1  Thank Mandy2884
Ludo P, Proprietario at Baccano Il Panino Toscano, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Good morning, madam. I remember both my staff and all his entry to the Baccano as a reminder of not having told you can not accommodate .Io for work reasons I live in a small town but thanks to my curiosity and thanks to my family since I was a young girl I traveled the world and it is difficult for me to judge foreign bistros because sometimes the language is different except in deception. It makes me strange that she, an expert traveler, can be so sure of what she writes. I offer my congratulations and appearance in another of our local who knows where else in Italy or the world !!!! I am sure he will come to visit us because Pienza was just the beginning of his 2018 trips !!!!!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We arrived in Pienza around 14:00 and no other place was opened, so we went to Baccano Il Panino Toscano and had the best lunch with the best service. We enjoyed local cheeses and ham, traditional ribolita and excellent tuscany red wine. We had such a lovely lunch here, so we highly recommend it. Whenever in Tuscany again, we'll come again, for sure.

1  Thank Raluca_Nanu
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Our group of 6 enjoyed a lovely lunch here. We were so well taken care of by the owner and his employee. We ordered a variety of their meats, cheeses, soups, etc. and shared. All were delicious.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

My wife and I were actually next door for the craft store (very nice as well), and it was raining and cold, extremely cold for the region. We tried to walk that main street but everything was closed, on our way back to car we wanted something warm (wine of course) The bar looked empty, but wine is wine. The quality of wine and food top notch, the service excellent (to be fair it was only another couple and us), but you can feel it was genuine the attention to detail. Thank you Giorgia & Nico for your excellent food & wine. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We decided to enter in this place, clean, friendly ospitality ok and good service.. nice dishes of local cheeses and fantastic ham.. don't forget to take the tartare of chianina.. it's wonderful!! Fantastic toscany red wine with good quality and spent less.. if I come back in pienza I'll return in this place surely..well done guys!!

Date of visit: November 2017