See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 September 2017

My husband and I, along with two other couples, stayed at this B&B five years ago and had such a wonderful experience we decided to return as part of our 40th anniversary trip. This time around was disappointing. We were traveling with friends and family and had four rooms booked. All of the rooms were booked directly with the B&B, our friends arrived to find two rooms had been cancelled. We found out that b&b Andrei now uses booking.com to reply, our friend never saw the email and had no idea there was a problem with the booking. In all fairness they did help them find rooms, but we had hoped to all be staying together. When my husband and I arrived we were told breakfast was not included with our room but my son and daughter-in-law had breakfast. First time I have stayed at a B&B that didn't include breakfast. After seeing what was offered in my son's room I really didn't care,prepackaged items that you would pick up in a grocery store.
The rooms are clean and comfortable and are in easy walking distance to the town. If you choose to stay here skip the breakfast and walk a few blocks to the delicious pastry and coffee shop by the church.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Friends and family talked about how great this place was and how wonderful the breakfast buffet was that was prepared downstairs.

Our room was spacious and comfortable and had air conditioning.

However, the breakfast buffet downstairs is no more. I came downstairs the first morning and asked when breakfast was served. I was told that my breakfast was already in my room. I had seen the basket with a few prepackaged items like you might receive as a snack on an airplane. Definitely not the wonderful breakfast buffet you read about in reviews from just last year.

Also, what was unfortunate is that our friends who had email confirmation of their stay, their reservation was canceled without their knowledge. To give them credit they did help my friends find another b&b down the road.

If all you need is a comfortable room this place will suffice.

If you want the european breakfast buffet experience you will not be satisfied.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank geoffsab
Reviewed 3 September 2017

I review B&B Camere Andrei as a returning customer 5 years hence and I am disappointed to say the place has changed. We arrived with a party of 4 couples to celebrate our 40th anniversary in Pienza with our family and friends. We thought we were all staying together and exploring the surrounding countryside together after breakfast from the same location. However, when we arrived we asked about the 2 other couples arrangements who had not yet arrived. They informed us there was nobody else scheduled to be coming in and no rooms available. 5 years ago we made reservations directly with the owners, but now apparently they book through booking.com and there was a mixup. Long story short, they had no other rooms to give us and this meant that our other kids had to stay elsewhere.
To the owner (Bennies') credit, he did find an available room for our kids and other friends not too far away. Another disappointment came (or so we first thought) when we were told that we did not elect to have breakfast added to our room. Our kids did, but not us. We joked that we were now staying in Europes first B&B minus a "b".

Turned out however that the breakfast was not as it was 5 years ago and was now just an instant coffee pot in your room with a crappy tiny basket of prepackaged breads-bisquits. Wasn't worth the money anyways. We just walked into town and got a great breakfast there instead for a small amount. No cold cuts or meat, no coffee, no cheeses and a really bad attitude from the owner sucks and I wouldn't be back.

Ciao Benny...bad or mediocre reviews keep Americans away. You need help with your attitude dude.
Also, booking.com is NOT YOUR FRIEND.

Room Tip: Don't be bothered ordering their breakfast. Unless he fixes things. Save your money.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here 5 years ago and loved it so much we referred some of our friends. They served a nice breakfast with meets, cheeses and pastries and the owner was very personable. We booked our rooms again 6 months ahead of time and arrived to find out our reservation was cancelled due to an incorrect credit card number. We booked directly from their site but they told us an email from Booking.com was sent, likely straight into spam so I never saw it. I avoid Booking.com for this reason. I don't question that the email was sent but I am disappointed that it was cancelled after only 24 hours and no one from the B&B tried to contact me directly. Turns out the nice breakfast is now packaged items left in the room and costs extra. They were kind enough to help us find another lovely little B&B steps away that took us in at a moment's notice...with a very nice breakfast, and they let us still park our car there since the new place is inside the city walls. It's unfortunate that the personal charm of this nice place has diminished... perhaps the stream of pushy tourists has taken a toll.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2017

We had reservations in mid-September for 3-nights but had to cancel due to a change in our travel plans. I notified them/cancelled well in advance of 30-days but they would not refund our deposit. Very poor customer service in my opinion. I would not recommend staying here unless you are certain your plans won't change.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple