“Next year back!”

Il Molino del Ponte
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Montespertoli
Reviewed 11 September 2017

This was our first trip to Toscane on our motorbike. We have visited during our stay all the beautiful cities in Toscane. After our daily trips we have had an excellent stay in "Motorradhotel Toskana"! For Giorgio and Viola was nothing too much and they did everything to give us an wonderful stay in their hotel!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Stayed two days. a good place to relax with a nice pool and shade under the trees in the garden. Left my Fitbit but the owners kindly sent on and didn't expect to be refunded the postage. Very kind of them.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I have travelled several times to various parts of Europe and have had all levels of service. But Il Molino del Ponte tops them all. People sometimes say they were treated like family but Giorgio and his wife treated us better than family.
We stopped here in the afternoon just because it was the closest GPS hotel we were passing. Giorgio had a room available at a super price and it turned out to actually be a suite with a kitchen. I had a great conversation with him and he even shared a beer with me.
We like to drive until the afternoons and then look for a hotel, never staying in the same place twice. This time we made an exception and decided to stay 3 nights. The next morning we enjoyed the biggest and best (included) breakfast we have ever had. Giorgio's wife brought us cappuccinos and then cooked us a four egg omelette with ham. There was also a lemon cake that was still warm from the oven. After that Giorgio gave us very specific instructions to drive to Florence and even sent his own laminated map with us so that we wouldn't get lost.
This would be a fantastic place for anyone wanting to tour the Tuscan wine country, Florence, or Pisa. It is well worth driving a little out of your way if this isn't directly in your path. And now I'm afraid we have been spoiled for any other hotel.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 2 September 2015

1 night stay on a last minute booking as usual for me. The owners are very good people and bent over backwards to make sure everyone was happy. I was lucky to show up on a night that some wonderful folks trekking across Europe on motorcycles were their. The owners and guests hung outside chatting, having a few drinks and espresso. We all carried on to a large dining area after washing up. The great time and tall tales spun as the wine flowed. They were not shy about uncorking bottles either. The hotel grounds are delightful to walk around. The room was large and the bed comfortable. I never left the hotel as the fun and entertainment was all on site. Oh the joy of hearing tales and yarns spun from my biker crew kept me riveted and laughing all night.
I believe a great resort or hotel stay is not measured by its features but by how I feel about my stay.

Room Tip: Enjoy the company and hospitality and you make some new friends.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2015

Stayed here for only two nights in July 2015. Great hotel if you don't want to spend any time in the actual hotel and want to travel around because the location is great. Otherwise, there's not much to do in the hotel. The pool isn't a real pool, it's a blow up type one and the restaurant's pretty small. Lovely staff but our water was very cold in our room, which we never got the chance to see if it was fixed. All in all, a good stay, but not for a family holiday.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montespertoli
1.5 km away
Hotel Villa La Cappella
#1 of 9 in Montespertoli
8 km away
Country Hotel Borgo Sant'Ippolito
Country Hotel Borgo Sant'Ippolit...
#1 of 1 in Ginestra Fiorentina
4.9 km away
Tenuta Moriano
Tenuta Moriano
#4 of 9 in Montespertoli

Been to Il Molino del Ponte? Share your experiences!