“One of the most delightful stays I have had in Tuscany”

Relais Villa Belpoggio
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Loro Ciuffenna
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Here is a Villa which has no need to try hard. No it is not 5 star luxuery, nor is it trying to be! This is a villa with the feeling of a country home. The rooms are spaciouse, decorated with Tuscan charm and very welcoming. The public spaces really do have that homely feeling and the outdoor space is beautifully maintained.

You arrive to the villa up a steep hill lined on both sides by olive groves, the welcome is friendly and the ladies who run Villa Belpoggio are just delightful! They are what makes this venue extra special! They are the perfect example of wonderful customer service and charm.

You do need a car and the local towns are very quaint, the chianti hills are on your door step and for the fashionistas Prada outlet is about 20 mins away, but I noticed there is a taxi service available.

Cannot recommend this villa highly enough! A great find!

Room Tip: Ask for the yellow room at the top of the villa, great views and lovely bathroom.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 October 2011

I started to write my review and felt I could not have said it better than the earlier review titled Heaven on Earth. Everything was fabulous: the view of the countryside, the Tuscan food, the caring service performed by all members of the staff. They even knew our names and actually ran an errand for someone in our party at no charge! Without a doubt, I would love to return here. Can't imagine wanting something more than this.

Room Tip: There are stairs to some rooms. If you have trouble with stairs, ask for a room on the lower floors.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2011

After staying at another Tuscan villa last year, I thought I knew what to expect, but I was totally blown away by the experience that my clients and I had at Villa Belpoggio. Everything was exceptional here: the rooms, the grounds, the food, and especially the service. Maria, Agnese and Paula spare no time or effort to make sure that their guests feel like visiting celebrities, and nothing was too much to ask. No detail is left to chance in how the rooms are appointed and maintained, and the level of service goes well beyond what's expected, even at luxury accommodations. I am definetely coming back next year with another group of friends, because I want them to experience the real Tuscany, and this is it! Here's what I liked the most: ample closet space, large bathroom with tub and classy details, view from the windows (not ony in my room, but in others I saw, as well), nice selection of teas and coffees in the room, inexpensive laundry service, Paula's cooking (!), and most of all being made feel like I'm visiting relatives and not like a paying guest. Thank you, everyone, we'll be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Excellent location, splendid villa.
Personnel friendly (smiling attitude) and well informed about what to see in the region.
Nice and comfortable rooms with Toscani atmosphere.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2011

This was the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed at. It's surrounded by olive groves. It really gave me a sense of tuscan living. The grounds were secluded and beautiful yet only an hour or 2 from many historic towns, Florence, Volterra, etc.. The place is 400 years old. The rooms and bathrooms are gorgeous. I stayed in the Alcova. The staff were the nicest I have ever seen at a hotel. Paula was a wonderful cook and so helpful. The only down side was that the beds and pillows were rock hard but after all of the sight seeing in the day I never had a problem sleeping. I slept better than I have in a while, think its the peaceful atmosphere. It only has a few rooms so it almost feels like you rented a private villa for yourself. If I go back I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The alcova is wonderful.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Villa Olmi Firenze
#1 of 4 in Bagno a Ripoli
19.6 km away
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
23.1 km away
Villa Le Barone
Villa Le Barone
#1 of 5 in Panzano in Chianti

Been to Relais Villa Belpoggio? Share your experiences!