Stayed at La Gufaia for 3 nights in early August.
Overall this is a great place to stay if you're looking for simplicity and not much more than the basics. Let's be honest, it's Tuscany at its best, what else do you need besides a glass of wine by the pool overlooking the gorgeous surroundings? The owners are nice but the fact that they don’t speak any english may become a challenge if you don’t speak or understand any Italian.
- The room was pretty good, spacious and comfortable - with great mosquito nets which means there were absolutely no flying-carnivores (if you've been to Tuscany in the summer you know what I mean) inside the bedroom.
- The swimming pool is fantastic, enough pool chairs around for everybody.
- Fairly close to Firenze (about 30' drive) and many other great little towns around, like Artimino.
- Air-co worked like a wonder.
- Breakfast is OK.
- If you want something a bit more than basic you may feel the lack of certain small things like a hair-drier or better toiletries. Make sure to bring your own stash. Sure, it's a B&B - but for the price-range some places do offer a bit more.
- The swimming pool is also open to outside visitors, not just the B&B guests. This doesn't mean it's going to get like your local public pool on a Sunday, but it can be a tad noisy (I was not really bothered by it at any moment, but I thought it should be listed as a downside)
- Make sure to have your own mean of transportation (i.e. rental car) unless you have no plans to leave the property while you’re staying there. Taxis can be really expensive and they will rip you off.
Overall it is a good place and I would recommend staying here.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your B&B La Gufaia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.