All reviewsfood and winepistoiaflorencecarvillagetrain
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was the best hotel in our 10 day stay in Europe. If the country side is your thing, this is it. It's set in a little town, with fabulous views from the back. It was an old villa converted into a hotel. Rooms are clean, comfortable, and the area is relaxing. The hotel staff were exceptional here. The front desk set up a free olive oil tour about a 5 mn drive from there. It was a small family run business. We had bread and oil and learned about how it was made spoken in broken English, which made it a blast. The hotel also set us up with 2 wine tours when we asked if there were any in the area we could tour. She was right on the phone setting up times. One was a smaller family run business and another larger farm. When we asked about a good Italian place to eat with a view, she immediately asked if she could make a reservation for us at da Delfina (see my review). For every place we went the hotel printed out map quest directions for us. They also printed out some train station times as well when we debated on train travel from Empoli to Pisa. They staff were top notch. One morning my husband and I slept in a little past breakfast, as I had a cold and needed some much needed sleep, when we came down to see if they had an coffee left and where we might find a place for a roll they said no problem, the kitchen staff is waiting and we can make you some eggs if you'd like, and they kept the rest of the breakfast out for us. Fabulous, Fabulous! A must place to visit, if you have a car. There is no train station in town, so it's remote, yet only 25mn to Florence. The whole town came to life at 8pm for super which was exciting to see. After site seeing in popular tourist areas, that feel like a fair, this was true Italy at its best. Thank you for such great service.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
hotelvillasanmichele, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Villa San Michele, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear guest,

all the staff and management thank you a lot for the great and detailed review you wrote about us. It is a pleasure for us to know you had good time in our hotel thanks to our services and also we are very proud to know that, in your experience, we was the best hotel you found in your 10 days stay in Europe.

It reward our effort in our daily work, for give our guests quality service and good value stay.

We all remember you and your family as very kind and pleasant people.

We would be very glad to have the change to welcome you again in future on your next tour in Italy.

Best regards

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed here as close to clients warehouse. Very impressed. Clean, reasonably priced. Both reception staff and restaurant staff were efficient and friendly. I had a nice and clean, satisfying room with a lovely view over hills. I had good night sleep too whilst it was fully booked out. I recommend to anyone whether it be business or a leisure stay. I will be returning and bringing family along.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
hotelvillasanmichele, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Villa San Michele, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your great review. We are very happy you enjoyed your time in our hotel and our restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again in our hotel as our kind guest.
Best regards.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Extremely helpful and accommodating staff!
Room very clean but a bit on the small side. We had the room with the terrace which more or less was used as an extra room.
Not very sound proof versus the guests in the neighbouring room.
Great breakfast with eggs to order and locally made food.
If you like your meat, make sure to try the t-bone in the restaurant for supper. Great!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
hotelvillasanmichele, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Villa San Michele, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear guest,

I thank you for your review about your stay in our hotel. We are very glad you had enjoyed our breakfast in the morning, and our typical Fiorentina T-bone steak in the evening.

We apologize for the inconvenience about some noise you heard from your room, even if all of our rooms are sound proof. Certainly, if you had told us during your stay we could fix the situation by asking to such noisy people to be quieter.

Best regards from staff and management to you, your husband and your little sweet baby.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Just had a one nights stay at this hotel due to a business travel and I must admit it had been perfect.

Excellent staff, including warm helpful welcome at reception.

Lovely room, clean and free wifi. I had Sauna included in my reservation and I really enjoyed it!

Restaurant: great host, very friendly and professional. Tuscan food was of the highest quality!!

Breakfast was again excellent: local food, homemade cakes, and I had my favorite scrambled eggs with bacon too.

Well worth the money and will use again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
hotelvillasanmichele, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Villa San Michele, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your precious comments. We are very happy you appreciated our services, our staff and also our typical Tuscan food. We wiil be glad to welcome you again during your next stay in Tuscany.
Best regards.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

San Michele is a nice hotel overlooking the center of Carmignano, a village located on the hills around Prato.
After one month I still remember the staff's kindness both at the reception and at the close Antica Torre restaurant.
The room was spacious and very quiet, just needing one or two sockets more to recharge devices without unplugging lamps or TV

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
hotelvillasanmichele, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Villa San Michele, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Guest,
staff of both the hotel and the restaurant really thank you for your review and we are glad to know you still have good memories about your stay.
I am sorry you did not tell us about the sockets, since we have multiple plugs at our guests disposal, in order to avoid any inconvenience.
We really hope to welcome you again as our kind guest.
Best regards,