1,298 results
All reviews jules restaurant trim castle bailey bar lovely hotel third floor family wedding from start to finish wedding reception next morning would highly recommend this hotel food was amazing bar food lovely view main course stayed here for one night spacious room a lovely stay
Reviewed 5 September 2017

The good started at booking time on the phone - booking directly with them will save you €€s , for sure. When we arrived we were greeted warmly by Aimee. Then it went a little haywire (but there's a good ending so wait!) The first room we went into had a nice view of the castle but no bath, so we asked to move. No hassle at all. The next room had a bath but was very dark and dreary and had a view of a close wall. Quite depressing really. So we asked to be moved again - the fact that it wasn't a weekend and that we were early worked in our favour and that Aimee has the patience of a flippin' saint. Any way the next room was lovely. I got a little whiff but thought maybe the last person had a bowel issue or something and that it would pass. When we got in that night there was a full on stench of sewage and there was no ventilation visible in the room. I spent a lot of the night hanging out the window trying to breathe and not puke. No, seriously. It was horrible. Hubby had breakfast but I was too nauseated from lack of sleep. So we decided to cut our stay short and go home - so disappointed and grumpy from sleep deprivation. BUT then the manager came to talk to us and our packed bags, on our way out. And he was amazing. He actually listened. He got me a coffee and some cake (for the "blood sugar" - just what I needed and two bottles of water, all in a brown paper bag for the car trip home. How sweet. He compensated us financially for the room and persuaded us to think about an alternative. But we said no. We drove away happy with how we were heard and saying how great the service was and then we thought - so why leave? It was our only summer holiday... We turned the car around and asked to see the alternative which was a WOW upgrade and we decided to give the place another go - for two more nights! And we don't regret a second of it.
NOW, I have read other reviews (please note how well he responds - he doesn't whinge that "everyone else is happy so what's wrong with YOU?" which is a style of response I've seen a LOT, have you? grrrrr) and people do complain about the weddings. We knew at booking stage that there would be a wedding - hence our two night stay. But our staff experience was so positive that we figured worst outcome if we stayed the third night (the night of the dreaded wedding) would be that we'd crash the party! (No, we didn't). OK, it is extremely loud. There is no sound proofing, and our walls, two floors up, were vibrating - and sadly, the band were terrible - not the hotel's fault of course. But wow yes, it was loud. Anyway, they eventually stopped and we got to sleep in our lovely giant huge comfy bed with our open windows (yes plural - fabulous light in the morning and day) and the Castle so close you could practically touch it.
While I think of it they have a lovely outdoor seated bar upstairs with a view of the Castle - must be lovely in the warm weather - y'know, that day the leaving cert starts.
The breakfast - nice coffee, a small but adequate choice of teas, some pastries, a good fruit selection and gluten free on request. They only had friend eggs but I'd say you could order an alternative, and the usual Irish fry if you're into that.
The restaurant downstairs is very, very good and the food is far better than you would expect from a hotel. Also, while I'm here, the restaurant across the road is AWESOME - Stock House. Really, it's great.
A downside for us in the leisure centre is a walk or drive away. And it's not very leisure-y. It's the community pool and gym and that's how it looks and smells. So don't expect a spa experience or a relaxing few hours after a workout. Just go for a walk or a run around the Castle instead - cuddle a few donkeys up the road for some oxytocin boosting. Almost as good as a massage... well....
OK, that's it I think. Kudos to Aimee and Patrick et al - just one grump in the whole team and you don't need to deal with her at all - it's easy to find a smiling staff member and that there are so many good ones, cleaning staff very much included, says something about the management here.

The only reason I'm not giving this a excellent rating is that I would prefer better sound proofing - the hotel hosts a lot of weddings, and it would be nice to think that you could book there during a wedding and still get a night's sleep. And it would benefit from an on site gym and /or pool. But I can't think where they'd fit either....
We are happy to recommend, yes we are. Thank you for your kindness.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zogabong
TrimCastlehotel, General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the fantastic review and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Following your stay here at Trim Castle Hotel.

We really do appreciate you taking the time I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege and the pleasure of welcoming you back to Trim again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Lovely Hotel - Nice Staff - Food Very Good. Overall a very nice experience and the cost was very reasonable. I would recommend this hotel for a short stay and it is only a short trip up the Motorway from the M50 so very easily accessible.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Badback
TrimCastlehotel, General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to Trim. Thank you for your kind comments and hopefully we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Trim Castle Hotel soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 29 August 2017

The hotel is well worth staying in if only for its location across the road from the magnificentTrim Castle. Our room was very large and comfortable. The bar was good with friendly staff and a very good range of drinks. The barman recommended the local Bru red ale - excellent!.
Breakfast is a free flow buffet - it could get busy but we nver had a problem finding a table or getting help from staff.
The restaurant dinner for our group was a 3 starter, 3 main and 3 dessert choice - food well prepared. The only hassle of entire stay (and which stops me giving an "Excellent" rating was the slow service generally of dinner and of drinks in particular on one busy evening. Other than this we had a most enjoyable stay in a beautiful Irish town.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LightAleCavalier

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at Trim Castle Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and thank you for all of your nice comments about the hotel and about our friendly staff. Thank you also for highlighting the quality of the food served at breakfast and dinner.

I hope that you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Attended a wedding here recently and it was stunning. The setting is beautiful with Trim Castle directly across the road. The rooftop bar was lovely, as was the rest of the hotel. Really one of the best locations in Ireland for a wedding, the photo's are amazing. Staff are very nice and reception was quick despite all the wedding guests checking in and out at the same time. The wedding reception room was lovely and it was really nice that there is a smoking area right off this room. If I had one negative thing to mention it would be the breakfast, we ordered breakfast to the room so I'll allow for the poached eggs being hard but the sausages and rashers were so salty - it was the quality of them rather than how they were cooked. It's a very small complaint and could be easily fixed by the hotel. I'll definitely be staying here again, perhaps for a nice weekend in the winter.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Pamela B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Trim Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that your stay with us exceeded all our expectations. I’m particularly pleased that you were so impressed with the staff as we strive to achieve excellent standards of customer service. I’ll be sure to pass all your compliments on to all the team here. Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Trim Castle Hotel again in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Nice hotel with clean comfortable rooms. There is an outdoor bar/patio on the second level with a beautiful view of the castle but it was never open when we were there. We asked the staff about it and they didn't seem to know what the hours were. We went to the main floor bar and it took a while to get service although they were not crowded and there were at least three servers. The breakfast buffet did not have much of a selection and the eggs were cold.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
TrimCastlehotel, General Manager at Trim Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Trim Castle Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfort of your while while staying with us.

We hope that you will have another opportunity to visit us again soon at Trim Castle Hotel.

Kind regards,