I should probably start by saying that we booked our holiday independentely as so were aware that we would be paying more for our holiday and were paying too much for a Greek hotel but do feel it was even more bad value than we expected.
Stayed in a junior suite in the hotel for 10 days in July. Our room was lovely, we had a fantastic sea view right at the end of the hotel and it was very spacious but there's no way we could have stayed in one of the normal rooms, I think I would have suffered claustraphobia. How 2 adults and a child manage is beyond me. The hotel and grounds are beautiful - the village section is very quaint although we didn't venture into it often.
The breakfast was very poor. Considering it is a 5 star hotel I would expect a fresh egg station - an omlette of the day is put out with the hot food but was generally just an egg brick. I know 5 star in Greece is not generally the usual 5 star but when paying the price we did I would expect at least one fresh juice with my breakfast.
My other gripe is the sun lounger issues. Yes, I was aware that sun loungers on the beach were an additional charge but I did not realise they were run by the hotel and that the sun loungers around the hotel were possibly the most uncomfortable I have ever sat on - I lasted an hour and was very sore from it. There are also not enough "free" sun loungers so you either HAVE to pay for the ones on the beach or sit on the grass. Again, not really what you expect from a 5 star hotel.
I also had a facial in the spa and it wasn't great. It was a special offer so maybe that was the reason but it wasn't worth the money (even at the discount).
It's difficult to completely slate the hotel as we did have a lovely holiday and when we spoke to the manager about a lot of our concerns he was very knowledgable and helpful so hopefully the issues we raised with him have been ironed out.
Samos is a great holiday location and we really enjoyed the town of Pythagorion - possibly my favouite. The hotel is ideally placed about a 15 minute walk from the shops and restaurants. You can also easily get the Dolphin to other islands and Samos is small enough to have a couple of days in the car and see some of the lovely little seaside villages. We would definitely go back but save our money and rent a self catering apartment as there are plenty of beaches to use.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doryssa Seaside Resort is situated in the southern part of Samos, next to the historical and most popular destination of Pythagorion. After a full renovation finished in 2006, combined with completely new upgraded services, it has become a 5 star destination. Lovely areas stylish and tasteful. Doryssa village constructions recreate a traditonal Samos village. Doryssa village and the main hotel structure are situated by the seaside! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Agoda, HotelQuickly, lastminute.com.au, Bookgreece.com, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Doryssa Seaside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doryssa Seaside Hotel Pythagorion
- Doryssa Seaside Pythagorion
- Doryssa Seaside Resort Samos/Pythagorion