All reviews sea view white suite cocktail bar stunning hotel breakfast room pool area minute walk superior room lovely room lunch menu fresh fruit olympic holidays cleaning ladies small beach on a daily basis beautiful island within easy walking distance
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Just an extraordinary location for a holiday, nothing to dislike, for us everything is just perfect about this hotel, food, drinks, pool area, and incredibly thoughtful, kind and considerate staff. The hotel is owned and managed by Angela and she will go out her way to make sure your stay there is unforgettable, cant wait to our next break, we will definitely be going back. Well done to Angela and her "Thallassa Family", to all of you, a well deserved 5 stars.

Room Tip: Sea view if possible
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Simon791
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We visited Kefalonia for one week for a relaxing break and Thalassa hotel was a great hotel for us. Whilst Lassi was not our favourite place on the island, the hotel itself certainly made up for that. The boutique feel meant that we were made to feel at home and the staff were extremely friendly. We had stunning views from our suite across the sea and the views from the bar were equally amazing. Breakfast was fresh and delicious. We felt it was a shame that the hotel did not offer dinner as we definitely would have eaten here in the evening if it was available. It was by far the best place in Lassi that we visited for food or drink and we would definitely stay here again if we were to return to Lassi

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susie F
Reviewed 23 August 2018

On arrival we were greeted with a glass of wine, which was a lovely touch, however on reflection, I think this was to soften the blow of having room available due to a 'fault with electricity'. We arrived a midnight and were told we would be staying at another hotel in the city for the evening.
I had also sent 3 emails prior to arrival, wanting to upgrade as a surprise for my husband's birthday. I never received a response and it was impossible to get hold of anyone at the hotel!! I raised this with the manager on arrival, his response was, sometimes we have issues with items going in junk- not a very valid response.
Anyway we were reassured that when we returned everything would be sorted. Our room was all ready and there was a lovely cake, prosecco and candles, a lovely touch. The room however had a garden view and we had specifically paid for a sea view room. I once again went back to reception, where the ladies were very helpful and friendly and told us we could move mid way through our week. Not ideal but by now we just wanted to relax and enjoy our holiday.
Anyway all of that aside, the hotel itself as well as the pool area are beautiful, the views are absolutely stunning! Location is ideal, we loved the very small local beach but there is also a much bigger built up (but still beautiful) beach, also close by. The strip is a 10 minute walk away and has a great selection of bars and restaurants.
We hired a car, which I would definitely recommend, the island is stunning, very scenic and accessible, albeit windy and steep in places.
We paid more than we usually would for this holiday and overall I think it was worth it.
I think the booking system needs some attention as I don't believe there was an electrical fault, more like the room had been double booked. (conveniently told to return from the city hotel at 11am- check out being 10)
We still had a wonderful holiday but more inconveniences than I would have expected for the money paid.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Roxanne H
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Ok hotel all in all. Large room, great views, great breakfast, friendly staff. Slightly over priced but then again I was there in the beginning of August and prices in Greece tend to go up over this period.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2018

Just returned from the most amazing week at this hotel. The hotel is so peaceful and the rooms are so so nice. We arrived late on Saturday night to find fruit and a mixture of bread and meats in our room which was a nice touch. Woke up next morning to the most wonderful views and a fantastic breakfast room overlooking the sea. The breakfast was varied and very good and well worth getting up for! I have read some of the recent reviews and I know life is about opinions but I found them unrecognisable from the hotel we have just returned from .The pool area is so comfortable and laid back that it was sometimes a real strain to go to the beautiful costa costa beach.And now for the staff. Massive thanks to the two Natalies and Maria on reception always smiling and helpful, but the biggest thanks goes to the best hotel manager ive ever had the pleasure to deal with, thanks ANGELA!.We will be back next year.

Room Tip: Go for a room on the upper floors to maximise the veiws
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple