All reviewsthe main streetthe hotel staffnext yearbedding and towelscontinental breakfastnice staythe ownercretanbeachespaleochorabalconyolives
Reviewed 8 August 2017

This is a basic hotel with a great location close to both beaches of Paleochora. The room was small with a view of the inside garden. Breakfast was decent. And we were allowed to check out a little later, so we could take a dip in the sea that morning. The best part was the owner, Mr. Telemachos, who gave us great recommendations about the best places to eat in town.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2017

I returned to the Hotel Glaros this year, for three nights. It should have been for four nights but because of flight delays I missed the first night. Having told the hotel to expect me the following day, they came back to me and confirmed that the room would be held. Then in a subsequent email they told me that I wouldn't 't be charged for the first night, which was good of them - they would have been within their rights to charge me for it, given that I only give them less than 24 hours notice that I wouldn't be staying that night.

Other than that, the hotel lived up to last year's standards. Breakfasts were as good as ever; the room was comfortable and well-equipped; the zircon worked, though in fact it was so cold during the first few days that I didn't use it; and the free wifi worked fine.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Tom B
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Glaros is really nice, unassuming, but very pleasant. We had a good simple room with balcony, there is a big lounge area and s nice large breakfast bar; breakfast is good and included with continental or Cretan options; the latter means you get soft Mesithra cheese with olives, oregano, tomatoes and olive oil, as well as pastries and fruit. Really good. Very friendly staff, really good value and worthwhile place, just parallel to the main street

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike T
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

In a very quiete position this family owned hotel provides with everything you need to spend some relaxing days in Paleochora. Rooms are very clean, staff is professional and nice, breakfast with fresh orange juice is great. We were staying in a small and clean room with balcony. Definitely recommended!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2016

We have been going to Paleochora for eight years in a row now, and this was our fifth at the Glaros. We will be making it nine over six next year. Ideal for the likes of us - couples looking for friendly service that goes the extra mile, comfort, aircon when you need it and a good breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple