“1st visit”

Ranked #18 of 68 Restaurants in Palaiochora
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Good ingredients help elevate food to possibly 4 star, but flavours were not complex. My 3 star review is for poor service (ie neglected for over half an hour after food eaten, I needed to ask to settle bill) while others been seen to be catered for, came and went and seemed to have more attentiveness for possibly frequent patrons.
As well as very small portion control leaving us quite hungry

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Kiparaki has been one of our dinner highlights on Crete. The place is very small and simple, but the food was delicious. I had the Chicken Singapore style and it was simply great. If you like spicy food (like I do), ask for extra sambal which was home-made and super good. I would recommend to reserve a table to make sure to get a place in this great restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a good place to eat for our last night in Paleochora. It was the fourth time we came in Paleochora and never saw this restaurant before . The place is small, cosy, cute. The welcome is really warm, they are lovely and look really good after you. you feel like you are in a family's house,in the garden. And the food is just perfect, the proportions are really big. We will come back for sure!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 19 October 2017

This place was recommended to us by a local shopkeeper, as a suggestion for something a bit different from local Cretan cuisine. We booked, as the place is small and was full every night, which says a lot. The owner is a little eccentric, but friendly and a dry sense of humour. Lots of little quirky things dotted around the restaurant reflecting the owners personality.

The mixed starter plate for 2 at €8 was a little sparse, but full of fresh ingredients, although lacked in the power of flavours we'd expect from a place taking its' influence from Asian cuisine. The chopped pieces of nectarine were an uneccessary addition, which did nothing.

However, the next dish of Cambodian pork was superb and packed with rich flavours and so well cooked. I could have easily eaten the same dish again, so my only gripe was the amount was a bit small. The accompanying mixed vegetables were also nicely spiced.

Overall this was an interesting experience and the pork an absolute show stopper.

Slightly more expensive than the average for the town, but with a menu that changes daily, I 'd say it's worth a try if you fancy a change from stifado, souvlaki or moussaka.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Where ever you are from in the world you will be used to a varied diet. After a week in Paleochora I needed to eat something other than the wonderful local cuisine. What a find Kiparaki (Small Garden) was. The goat Sri Lankan curry was one of the best curries I have tasted ever!!!. It's a small place as the name suggests and it gets booked up. Honestly book a table here for at least one of your meals while in this wonderful town.

Date of visit: October 2017