All reviews la cheneviere dining room main building beautiful chateau d day beaches luxury hotel old trees lovely grounds normandy region deluxe room this wonderful hotel french chateau fine dining dining experience two nights large bathroom dinner one night
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Le Cheneviere is a lovely old French estate converted to a boutique hotel in the country just outside the city of Bayeux. Ask for a room in the main building -- the rooms in the other building are not as architecturally accurate or interesting. While the rooms, furnishings and bathrooms are very nice but not luxury category, I would definitely recommend a stay here while visiting the historic Normandy area. Beautiful grounds and gardens.

The dining room is excellent -- great chef, wait staff, menu and wine selections.

Room Tip: Request a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2016

This hotel felt like "home away from home" for my family. The service and amenities were exceptional. Small hotel with comfortable, spacious and nicely renovated rooms. The service and staff were 10/10. Lovely and convenient location. Restaurant was fantastic for both dinner and breakfast. A place to come back to, again and again!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

If you are traveling to the Normandy region do yourself a favor and stay here. The staff was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed what I think was one of the best meals of my life on our first evening there. After leaving I received a personal thank you email and I mean personal because it referenced a conversation I had with the reception staff about some of the places I wanted to visit if I ever returned. The grounds are beautiful and the location is very convenient to the WWII memorial sights. It is also very close to Bayeux which has many shops and restaurants.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed two nights in a junior suite. Spacious room, oversized bath and a patio. Great location with easy access to Omaha beach. Great service and very friendly. It would be a great place to have a wedding.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I can't explain enough how amazing this hotel is. The service is first-class. So friendly and welcoming. We stayed here last year for a weekend and had the best time and decided to go back - it was just as incredible.

Sitting by the fire is one of the most heavenly places to be, with stunning grounds to wonder through. The food in the restaurant is beyond delicious and the breakfast is superb.

The rooms are comfy with nice beds and are very, very clean. We broke the tap in our bathroom and it was dealt with so quickly and efficiently.

This place is a dream and I could not recommend it more highly!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple