“A very good restaurant to be noted in your books, gastronomy and kindness”

La Taverne Medievale
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2018

My wife had taken a Scampi Salad and me the menu "Pinot Blanc". Everything was good and even the other hosts near me, thought the same. They helped with some porc deliciously cooked and with some pasta typical of Savoie. Their desserts are totally coherant with their food and must be tested. In all, good service, good gastronomy and good service
One negative point, minor one, don't expect to eat as if you were in the medieval time, neither for the service nor for the food.

1  Thank Sokoloff M

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We were staying at an B&B in the neighbouring Pfaffenheim and came for dinner to this restaurant based on Trip Advisor reviews. We did not make a reservation nor we speak French.The host was not friendly at all and give us an attitude during the whole experience. The food when arrived, the Cordon blue ,was very good. I would not return to this restaurant nor I would recommend it.

1  Thank rszasz
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We had an excellent duck filet with honey-wine sauce and a filet mignon with creamed mushroom sauce. Very friendly staff. Make sure to book in advance.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Seeing it was monday night and a lot of restaurants in France seem to be closed, we went by the trip advisor reviews to go to this place. Dinner was nice and so was the service. The maid did her best to speak english, something most french dont try. The menu has a view typical french choices like snail and frog leggs, butt also a lot of meat dishes for people like me who dont eat strange things.

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

Excellent place to be, we always come back here. Family run restaurant with excellent products of the region well worked and transformed into copious dishes. My favorite menu us the pan-fried foie gras followed by duo of beef and foie gras finished with café gourmand.