See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 November 2016

I booked a double room directly with the hotel - 148 BGN/night.
Initially I wanted to book a single night, but I was told that over the weekend I could only book a minimum of 2 nights!
The parking was free, but I took practically the last place available.
First bad surprise: I have lower back problem and my double room had two single beds put together with OVERMATRESS... I went back to query the receptionist - she told me that all double rooms were like this. Imagine - supposedly 5 star hotel doesn't have a single double room with a queen/king size bed! I was offered an extra overmatress...
The room:
- both matresses were old, cheap and worn.
- step up bathroom and balcony (at least 5 cm) - looking for a broken toe or tripping at night?!
- tiny wardrobe - barely enough for two coats.
- with 2 overnight bags open the room already looked and WAS crowded!
- there was an unpleasant smell in the room - probably from smoking or/and flooding.
- balcony was tiny - we could hardly sit together outside without crossing legs.
- LED TV was tiny - probably 21".
- wifi was barely acceptable for speed,
The bathroom:
- had everything but on the cheap side.
- bathrobe hooks were over the toilet roll holder - imagine if bathrobes are wet...
The swimming pool:
- too small for the size of the hotel!
- no separate kids area.
- the only hot water was in a small jacuzzi that could take only 5 pax.
- the noise from children was complimented by loud pop music.
- pool disinfectant was cheap and chlorine based.
The Spa:
- we did not bother visiting as we left after the first night
RESTAURANT: 9/10
ONLY GOOD THING!
We don't like buffet meals so we took a la carte.
The first waiter (a girl) was totally unqualified - she brought us two different menus (one was old and invalid), she supported the neck of the wine bottle on the edge of our glasses!!! But eventually still managed to spill some wine on the tablecloth...
We had another waiter (a man) very competent and friendly who took our order.
The taste and presentation of our food was shockingly good and out of place for this hotel!
I felt obliged to compliment the chef with a drink - I offered him a bourbon.
ANOTHER EXCELLENT SURPRISE:
The chef send us his special dessert - baked caramelized pumpkin with creme caramel, with unbelievable presentation and taste - see for yourselves!
I will never ever stay at this place again, but for the restaurant - I'LL BE BACK!!!

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel at all costs but the restaurant comes highly recommended!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Iordan K
Reviewed 7 October 2016

First, the room was mixed up. We got a lower level room and not what we reserved. Going to reception, they showed us another room, so ok that was fixed. One of the ladies at the reception seemed genuinely nice, the rest had an attitude.

Food - average quality. Sorry but this is not a 5 star hotel breakfast. Oily pancakes and waffles. And coffee is a JOKE!!! Horrible! And trust me, I am not exaggerating. I had a better breakfast in 3 star hotels in Germany. Dinner was a buffet and it was ok. It's just that the system is not very clear. For example, we didn't know how we can get drinks, should we pay for them immediately or not...We managed to solve that ourselves, so all good. However, we also didn't know if we should register somewhere before having dinner or we can just go and do everything at check-out.

Rooms are ok. But that's all they are. There was a nail polish on our bathtub, the curtains are unironed and with holes, the beds...also ridiculous for a 5 star hotel. Not sure who gave this hotel 5 stars...

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel is super - one of the best hotels, i've stayed in.
It really doesn't look like a 5-stars hotel, especially the lobby bar. But everything else is fine.
The food is fantastic - the only all-inclusive-restaurant with so great food.
The pool and the SPA center are great too - clean, interesting, you can really relax in a great way. The massages are awsome. Me and my mother tried different massages everyday and we were really happy everytime. And the prices are surprisingly law!
The rooms are not very big, but enough. We stayed in a three-rooms apartment. There was everything we needed. The two bedrooms are pritty fine. The living room was smaller, but actually enough.
The stuff is great too.
Everywhere is clean.
I recommend the hotel to all my friends.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2016

We arrived to this hotel via a package from Israel, that included HB with 2 treatments a day. The hotel stands for a 4 star standard (to my opinion). We do not speak bulgarian nor russian, so the communication maybe a little problematic, but it is supported by the patience and the nice people. The reception girls are good english speakers so they helped us everytime we needed something. The rooms are good and the stuff in them is updated and working. Very clean, and spa cloaks being changed everyday. Spa saunas, ice room and relax room well mantained and execellent. Pool with many water jets include an outside pool. Very good. Excellent and diversified breakfast. Very good and diversified dinner. The only minus during the dinner is that hot dishes are prepared all of them together at the begining and they were cold. I solved this problem very easy: put the portion at a plate, and ask the kitchen to heat it for me.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank eduardo o
Reviewed 16 February 2016

We stayed at Aquatonik for 3 nights, 4 days, following a recommendation from a friend who stayed there on two occasions. And it was a very good recommendation indeed.

Both, me and my wife agree on one thing: it was one of the most laid back mini vacations we ever had. We should thank first of all to all the stuff of the hotel, who were almost invisible, but always there when you needed them.
The room was spacious and very clean, with a good size bathroom, with a large bath tube. Out from the balcony, there is a nice view over the near by pine wood and Kleptuiza lake. Mini bar, coffee and tea, free wi-fi (not so good) provided in the room.
The inner pool is not intended for swimming. It is spacious, but it gets crowded often. There were lots of families with kids, so it can be noisy at times. The inner pool offers 57 massage functions, so it is really good for relaxing. There is a small pool in the middle with temperature of 42 Celsius, containing water with radon, which apparently has positive influence on the body, but one can only stay max. 10 minutes inside.
Use of sauna, steam bath, roman bath, fun shower, relaxation room were included in the price. Massages and medical treatments are available for extra charge. I gladly recommend classical massage - it was worth the money.
The food was plenty to choose from, quite tasty. The small breads were especially good. I didn't like the pizza we ordered for lunch though - too much tomato sauce and too much cheese, and little mushrooms.
All in all, a very good mini vacation!
PS. Free parking on spot (outside and garage).

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor, rooms above the pool, nice view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple