See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 June 2017

The employees were generally friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. On the surface, it seemed like a good place to stay; however, I found the hotel to be an awful experience overall. The wifi only worked intermittently in my room. And while it still gets cold at night in the area in June when I stayed, the combination of heating and warm winter bedding made it difficult to sleep. It was just too hot. Upon opening a window, it was quite cold.

There was no iron in the room. The TV was a small CRT unit. All the decor was dated. One could even describe the hallways as creepy with their dated dark-painted metal chandeliers surrounded by darkness until you press the switch to turn on the hallway lights. It wasn't clear if my minibar fridge worked--my beers were cool but not cold like from a regular fridge after 24 hours. In addition, the parking area closest to my room was tight and awkward.

But what I really hated was that the dining area was infested with house flies. As I ate breakfast and dinner, I had to constantly swat away 2-3 house flies. The many house flies were landing on all the breakfast buffet foods every few seconds, which was disgusting. There was no apparent effort to control them. As I removed the lid on a container of food at the buffet, a fly flew away out of the container. Who knows how long it had festered in there?

While it should be noted that the breakfast buffet had a good variety of food options, many of the foods like the cold cuts didn't appear to be of high quality. You think you're getting a good value with breakfast included when you check in. In reality, the breakfast buffet is off putting (mainly because of the flies).

I didn't even eat breakfast there my second day--I had indigestion and wanted to leave as soon as possible.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Functionalist
Reviewed 28 February 2017

The rooms are big and clean. The staff is very helpful - they provide both alpine and crosscounrty ski, sticks, goggle and boots. The food is great. We really liked the pool and sauna. On the negative side, the wifi did not worked well and the mattress was too soft. I would also recommend to put a kettle in the room.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2017

The hotel is full of kitch (bad painted, plastic flowers, etc.), smoked rooms, inflexibilitie in relation withe clients needs.
Even this was not the reason we live the hotel, the short stay was a bad experience for us.
We ask for changing the room but the owner was inflexible to our need and this is a bad attitude for what they want as service provider.

Room Tip: superior floor rooms
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank radutud
Reviewed 12 November 2016

Very friendly family hotel. friendly owners. Nice clean rooms. Great food. You just have there all you need. Very nice pool, sauna, ... You can rent there ski, boots, helmets. The owners will help you to adjust everything. it is located 50 m from bus station that will take you to the ski site.

Stayed: April 2016
Reviewed 19 December 2015

I found the Brennerspitz hotel on stubai.at, with an amazing deal for a 4 night half-board ski break. The hotel is in the traditional Austrian Alpine style (so not for those wanting sleek and modern), and includes a wellness complex including swimming pool and sauna, an excellent 5 course meal every evening (including salad buffet and choice of 3 main courses) and self-service breakfast buffet. However the real highlight is the skiing - the hotel provides FREE ski rental from their on-site ski rental shop, as well as ski boots if you need them for a very reasonable charge, and also arranges ski passes so you don't have to queue to buy them. The hotel is only 20 metres from the free skibus shuttle stop (only 20mins from the bottom station) so it couldn't be more convenient. On returning from the slopes, half-board includes a cake buffet until 5pm, before you head to the pool & sauna to build up an appetite. The beds are somewhat on the small side and the in-room TV is limited. The Stubai glacier provides guaranteed snow from October to April, with 34 runs so more than enough to occupy you for several full ski days.

Stayed: December 2015