Where to begin? The grounds, the service, the room, the food or the view? Tambor Tropical is absolutely beautiful. My wife and I ended up here as a result of booking another place that was a dump. Fortunately we were able to make lemonade out of lemons. You can do absolutely nothing or you can be as active as you want to be. There is an on site tour service that will accommodate any adventure you may want to do. Javier, Toba & Captain Elvis were fantastic.
The rooms are nothing like I've ever seen in all my travels; wood from floor to ceiling. I'm guessing they are about 1000 square feet. The rooms all face east so you can lay in bed and watch the sun rise. The view of the water and Dos Largartos is worth the price of admission. (The beach is maybe 100yards away)
Each room has a kitchenette, and there is a store within walking distance. So if you would like to cook your meal in your room, no problema. The kitchen is fully stocked with pots pans, cutlery, dinner ware, etc. If cooking on vacation is too much of a chore, the restaurant has an excellent menu and is reasonably priced. I highly recommend the shrimp nachos!
There are no TV's, by design. At first the thought of no TV panicked me, but I found it was a good thing.
The staff were super friendly and accommodating. Juan-Ricardo, Noyla, Fatima, and the rest of the staff made us feel wel come and comfortable.
All in all Tambor Tropical is paradise.
There is only one thing we didn't like and that was leaving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tambor Tropical is an intimate boutique beach resort on Costa Rica's beautiful Nicoya Peninsula. Nestled on the on the bay, our resort offers guests a private and luxurious vacation in the less traveled Playa Tambor. Relax in the comfort of one of our 12 spacious beachfront suites, swim in our gorgeous mosaic-tiled pool, indulge in massage treatments, enjoy the cuisine of our full-service restaurant or explore the nearby jungle via many guided adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Tambor Tropical Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambor Tropical Beach Hotel Playa Tambor
- Tambor Tropical Playa
- Tambor Tropical Hotel Playa