Spacey beautifully furnished and ample rooms, all wood with a kitchenette/bar, quality kitchen equipment, ample bathroom
Nice gardens, lots of birds and squirrels. Monkeys in the nearby woods with birding trails.
Excellent service and restaurant. Included breakfast is not american style nor buffet, but plenty enough with fruits, cereals, yogurt, juice, coffee and homemade bread.
One odd thing is that service vehicles cross straight through the gardens instead of using a back road.
Good silence rules and fast wifi.
Property is in front of the beach and has a river close where you can kayak on high tide.
A little toward the expensive side at USD 200 a night
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tambor Tropical is an intimate boutique beach resort on Costa Rica's beautiful Nicoya Peninsula. Nestled on the on the bay, our resort offers guests a private and luxurious vacation in the less traveled Playa Tambor. Relax in the comfort of one of our 12 spacious beachfront suites, swim in our gorgeous mosaic-tiled pool, indulge in massage treatments, enjoy the cuisine of our full-service restaurant or explore the nearby jungle via many guided adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tambor Tropical Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambor Tropical Beach Hotel Playa Tambor
- Tambor Tropical Playa
- Tambor Tropical Hotel Playa