My husband and I enjoyed 8 days at Tambor Tropical, two days on our own and six with a Birding Tour led by the outstanding birder, Nick Hawkins. Some of my amazing experiences include floating in the warm ocean as frigate birds and pelicans flew overhead, being fed delicious healthy meals on the outside patio without being bothered by bugs, being shown where to hike right from the resort with the emphasis on bird-watching, and finally watching recently released scarlet macaws make their new home in the 'wild', with the help of a few nesting boxes around the resort.
The work of the hotel manager, Juan Carlos, a birder in his own right along with other like minded people made for an unique, rich experience in a spot which has highlighted nature. It is ecotourism at its best in a place not overrun with tourists.
As a special mention to Juan Carlos, I will never forget the two large juicy mangoes that were placed in my hands the day after I mentioned that I was looking for mangoes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tambor Tropical is an intimate boutique beach resort on Costa Rica's beautiful Nicoya Peninsula. Nestled on the on the bay, our resort offers guests a private and luxurious vacation in the less traveled Playa Tambor. Relax in the comfort of one of our 12 spacious beachfront suites, swim in our gorgeous mosaic-tiled pool, indulge in massage treatments, enjoy the cuisine of our full-service restaurant or explore the nearby jungle via many guided adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Tambor Tropical Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambor Tropical Beach Hotel Playa Tambor
- Tambor Tropical Playa
- Tambor Tropical Hotel Playa