My husband and I spent a few nights here. My husband said on arriving that Tango Mar "is the most beautiful place I've ever seen". I had to agree that it was in such a gorgeous setting - no rooms are directly on the beach but all are within a stone's throw of it. The bathroom was spacious and clean, the room was comfortable and had wifi (rare in Costa Rica) and the tropical drinks are top notch. The horseback riding tour was too long (2 hrs) with a guide who spoke no English, in the sun - I got singed despite the sunscreen, as did everyone else. We were all praying it would end by the time we got to the halfway point. Very little lighting at night except in the dining area, which has blazing lights that obscure the view in contrast - accent lights near the beach would go far here. Food was not good across the board and very expensive but Montezuma is a 20 min drive with great food that is inexpensive. Definitely not a place to compare with the amenities of typical beach resorts, but more so beautiful in general. I'd go back but I'd never do lunch or dinner there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor