All reviews seafood sri lanka new wing crab superb location lucky tuna prawns curry stayed here for nights galle fort sham beach turtles colombo
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

First of all i should say it is a little bit difficult place to find. The google map directions are wrong. It leads to a different hotel/ restaurant.
Lunch was good. But the portions were small. Little bit Overpriced. For four ppl it was 8000. Dessert was not good.
The staff was very good and friendly!!!
Anyways it is worth a visit.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2018

it is a very good hotel
some rooms that has a view on the beach
the sri lanken food there is very nice Amazing view overall, food was good but no tastier than earlier. But service was amazing. Hope to see the good side of you soon. All the best & hope to see more good things from your perspective.

Room Tip: take the room num 31 it is very good
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
neel p, Guest Relations Manager at Tartaruga Hotel & Beach Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Thanks for leaving a review,The team here at Tartaruga Hotel & Restaurant is thrilled to hear such good feedback, You’re right, These days our staff has left for their holidays! We apologies for this mistake and it wan't happen again, thank you for mentioning it we are happy that you really enjoy our beach restaurant, Next time you’re here, you should try the Sri Lankan food again!, and We hope to see you again soon, and bring a friend!

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Hope to see the good side of you soon.
All the best & hope to see more good things from your perspective. Cheers

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Hasitha J
neel p, Manager at Tartaruga Hotel & Beach Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thanks for leaving a review,The team here at Tartaruga Hotel & Restaurant is thrilled to hear such good feedback.
will see you again .thank you.Lucky .manager

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

I had booked a standard room and being in the hotel industry myself, I know it's the lead in room, but I felt like I was in a barn!
It was not in the main building but behind the kitchen. It literally shared a wall with the kitchen so it was so noisy. Only two small windows and two weak wall lights so it was very dark inside. It felt unsafe having direct beach access and no phone so if I needed any help I couldn't get it. And I had to pay a 10% service charge! For what?! I never asked for the room to be cleaned as I was only there for 2 nights.

The wifi kept dropping out every 5 minutes. There were mangy dogs in the restaurant area which were vicious and killed a cat whilst I was there. While I was trying to eat and relax I was harassed several times by odd looking men wanting to give foot massages and pedlers trying to sell stuff.

I would have been better off staying in a hostel as a private room would have been cheaper and probably a bit nicer. The standard room is way overpriced for what you get and have to put up with.

Best part of my stay was leaving.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Thanks for leaving a review.We are extremely apologise due to your stay makes unhappy because of out siders
asking for foot treatments and and stray dogs.but sir ,madam we do our best to make this things to control and also
the house keeping boys will do room cleaning on guest purpose only because tartaruga team always concern guest privacy.
Thank you.hope to see you on next vacation..Thank you,Lucky.manager

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Tartaruga Restaurant morning or dinner in evening is a nice experience. Calm great staff, if the boss F&B manager « the Capitain» he comes and greet you. Food especially the seafood lobster and big schrimps are mothwatering.. The kitchen prepares them how you like it.. Everything is clean, service is quick, staff speak good english...
It is hard to find any negative so we all 4 was very happy with food and service. Compared to Norway prices we enjoyed the bill...
we love to come back.. Our room 28 and 29 was fantastic.. The direktor went himself to the laundry with my sons clothes, to have the ready next day.. Thats what I call service..

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Hope to see you again.Lucky.manager