“A week of fun at Villa Del Sol”
Infinity private pool Lounge beds
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Infinity private pool
Lounge beds
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 21 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“A week of fun at Villa Del Sol”
Reviewed 6 March 2018 for a stay in February 2018
person found this review helpful

I had the pleasure of staying a week at Villa Del Sol. The accommodations are deluxe, but the atmosphere is family and friendly. Located in The Las Catalinas Resort area, a newly developing property- this multi level home has views of the Costa Rican sunset from almost every room. As a new and growing community, there are houses still being built in the area. I thought this might be a problem- but for me it wasn’t. From the time I had coffee and fruit in the morning, listening to the birds and enjoying the coolness- I was busy with a 4.5 mile hike along trails in the area. Upon returning, I had a freshly prepared breakfast with the other guests, and went to pilates for an hour. Each afternoon we were scheduled to have a different adventure. We went zip-lining, sailing, shopping and boogie boarding. One day we went to the Wild Animal Park and another we went to a local school to donate school supplies we had brought from home. One afternoon I was rubbed the right way with a soothing massage; another we learned cooking techniques from a seasoned chef. The hosts let us know it was our home for the week. It was magical.

Mary S
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Villa del Sol is an amazing home with gorgeous views!”
Reviewed 1 March 2018 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

This was my first trip to Costa Rica and it was more beautiful than I pictured. This home is well designed with outdoor space, ocean views from every room with everything you could ask for and more. Perfect location for an amazing vacation. I highly recommend this home and look forward to my next stay there.

Carly R
“BEAUTIFUL home in prime location!”
Reviewed 25 February 2018 for a stay in May 2017

This past May I spent a week at Villa Del Sol with family and friends. My stay here exceeded any and all expectations I had for my first trip to Costa Rica. The house sits atop a hill providing the most amazing view of the ocean and surrounding community. Within the house is a plentitude of rooms and space for small to large travel groups. Cooking, cleaning and laundry were all included, allowing me to fully embrace my time spent in this beautiful home.

The house mom was very attentive to our needs yet courteous of our privacy. The breakfast she made every morning was to die for! The perfect start to a day full of fitness and fun.

I would recommend staying here to all types of travelers. It is perfect for those who love to be active with a plethora of activities available. While here, we went on an ATV tour, went on daily hikes, and paddle boarded around the nearby islands. There was also plenty of time to relax by the infinity pool and lounge in the hot tub. Not to mention the sunsets here are some of the most magnificent I have ever seen!

I have nothing but good things to say about this house and its hosts. I am already itching to go back and cannot wait to stay here again!

John W
“The best house in the new Catalinas development”
Reviewed 22 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018

This house has everything a large family or several couples could want. Pool, hot tub, large vaulted living space, 2 master suites. The kitchen had everything we needed, and we took advantage of in house chef services which were excellent. The house sits on the top of the hill with unobstructed views of the ocean and Catalinas islands. I noticed some negative reviews about the new homes being built in the neighborhood...let me state for the record that I was never woken up or disturbed in any way by the construction. All the employees passed through a security check point at the gate. They were well dressed and professional, and didn't inconvenience me in any way. At the rate they were progressing, the closest projects will be completed in months. But unless you have some weird anxiety about seeing some guys walking around in hardhats, the construction won't impact you at all. Obviously the other reviewers were looking for something to complain about. I'm going to tell you that this is a sweet house at a great price. The owners obviously put a lot of thought into the layout and design, as well as attention to detail. Everything about the place is first rate. I would definitely stay there again.

Wade S
“Perfect Location for a Relaxing Vacation”
Reviewed 20 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018

I recently stayed at Villa Del Sol on a CrossFit retreat with 8 friends, and immensely enjoyed my stay. The sunsets were the most beautiful I had ever seen and made a point to watch every one from the pool/jacuzzi when we were at the house. I stayed in the "pool suite" with 2 friends, and found the accommodations very comfortable, and had a great view from the windows in that room. The open interior/exterior floor plan is very welcoming and great for big groups as it made me fell very welcome in any conversation going on. Our "House Mom" Jesse was very pleasant and always had a smile on her face. She handled everything I could ever expect needing done from cleaning up at the pool area and dining areas, to having our laundry washed and folded within a day. Her breakfasts were second to none with eggs, bacon, rice, fresh made guacamole, and fruit. The juice was amazing and left me wanting more after each meal.
The property of Las Catalinas was amazing to walk through. As a General Contractor located in Los Angeles, CA., I was enthralled by all the architecture and the methods of building the local workers had done. Walking through the town each time going to the beach was a different adventure through different corridors. Every employee and resident of Las Catalinas were very welcoming and aimed to please with any question or "want" our group had.
Our guide through the city was extremely knowledgable of the local surroundings, and I left the vacation with so much knowledge of the community that I am still telling my wife and kids about things I remember.We went on the ATV tour which took us from back roads -> jungles -> beaches -> cliffside which is one of the more memorable parts of the trip for me. We also made multiple trips to the CrossFit Surfside box where the staff was very accommodating and friendly. They made every single one of our group feel welcomed and there were not enough good things that could be said by everyone.
Overall, this was an AMAZING vacation and I have already started saving for next year to bring my wife with me. This is definitely a "must-go" vacation for a group of friends or family!

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing