“Fantastic Stay and Great Breakfast!”

The Craigerne House Hotel
Ranked #8 of 13 Newtonmore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We loved staying at Craigerne House, we were sad to leave after only one night. We booked two rooms with two twin beds each, we were right at the top of the stairs. The rooms were charming and comfortable and we slept well. We were the only ones to sit in the common room downstairs that evening, we relaxed and chatted in front of the fire and enjoyed drinks from the house bar which were paid for at checkout on the honor system. We also enjoyed the delicious Full Scottish Breakfast that set us up for our trip to Fort William to take the Jacobite Steam Train. The owner also casually informed us that the Outlander film crew had stayed there and some scenes were filmed nearby! I'd love to stay again if we're ever nearby, the owner Dougie was so kind and booking everything was a breeze.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We booked last minute, the son of the owner let us in. We slept wonderfully, the breakfast was very nice, and the owner gave us some very nice advices on what to do in the Scottish Highlands. Very much recommended to stop there when travelling the region, is very conveniently located.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2016

I stayed two nights at Craigerne House with a sea kayaking/hiking tour group. They're very accommodating for vegans, even did laundry for some of us, and I enjoyed their art so much I bought a piece to take home. Truly a comfortable, homey place to stay and in walking distance of the Highland Folk Museum and the pleasant town of Newtonmore. My only complaint is the mildew in my shower cube. Probably an oversight. Otherwise a really great stay.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 3 October 2016

Great family run hotel, made to feel welcome from our arrival. The family dog skye is gorgeous and extremely friendly. Good location with local amenities and just 10 mins from aviemore! If you need to know anything about the local are just ask! Walking distance to restaurants and shops, spotting the wildcats is fun around the town!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2016

I stayed at the Craigerne House Hotel whilst on business last month. The hosts were really accommodating and very friendly. The views were fantastic and location very handy. (a few mins walk to the high street) They also provided a lovely breakfast the next day! The only thing I wish I did was pack my golf clubs as it's literally a putt away from the local golf course. Looking forward to my next visit

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newtonmore
0.4 km away
1.1 km away
Ard-na-Coille Guest House
Ard-na-Coille Guest House
#3 of 13 in Newtonmore

Been to The Craigerne House Hotel? Share your experiences!