All reviewsthe cottagesdisabled peoplecrown cottageself cateringgreat hostseasy accesswet roomrodpeggyfridgeaccommodationyorkshiresnugdisabilityhoisttakeaway
Reviewed 26 September 2016

The location is great, being only a 15 minute drive from the designer shopping outlet and another 10 minutes on from there to York. There are also some great restaurants less than a 5 minute drive away. We stayed as guests in the main house (B&B) for 3 nights which was homely and welcoming. The place was clean and tidy and we were more than comfortable. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2016

I'm feeling well refreshed after a good nights rest (bed was on the harder-side, good for me) and good breakfast. Though the B&B rooms themselves look more tired than I was, the place (B&B, standalone cottages, and caravan site) were all very busy.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Selbyhappytravelers, Owner at Strawberry Field Cottages at South Newlands Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Glad you recieved same welcome from your inlaws who were looking afterthe property whilst we were enjoying a short holiday.
Sorry you thought the furnishings looked tired but the soft furnishings have all been replaced over the last 18 months.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

I only stayed here for one night. I was cycling the Trans Pennine Trail from Southport to Hornsea and planned an overnight stay in Selby. On looking through TripAdvisor I picked out South Newlands as a good choice - and I was certainly not disappointed.

On arrival, I was made very welcome and shown to my room - which was spotlessly clean with a great en-suite. Peggy then made me a pot of tea with biscuits which I enjoyed in the conservatory. I had forgotten my phone charger and was fortunate that they had an iPod with similar connector - so they left that with me to charge up my iPhone.

Breakfast was absolutely amazing - kicked off with a bowl of really smooth, creamy porridge and followed up with full cooked which I actually couldn't finish so I declined the toast to follow.

Certainly would recommend this place, it was worth the additional 4 mile cycle to/from Selby and both Rod and Peggy are so friendly.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Finchmeister
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Just returned from a relaxing week. We stayed in one of the excellent cottages in the grounds of the farm. The cottages are very well equipped, a large kitchen and a very spacious and comfortable lounge. Large lawns to the front and rear. The evenings were very quiet, perfect for a good nights sleep. Excellent all round.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Having decided to split our Yorkshire trip in two areas York and Harrogate I stumbled upon South Newlands Farm after reading. 5 star review

I paid a high price and expected a certain level of quality,however, it seems that the travel agent got 40% of my fee and subsequently I got a modest room in a family run bed and breakfast whilst I paid for 4 star accommodation.

Breakfast was very good and homely but the room was very small and basic and we didn't even unpack for the 2 nights we stay there at the farm.

I only paid £10 more for a 4 star Grand Hotel in Harrogate