All reviewschurch bellssmall towntapascosta bravahostelwokenoisevillagebeaches
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We stayed here for two nights invited by a relative. Sharing a bathroom was not as bad as I'd expected as there weren't very many people and the whole bathroom area was absolutely spotless. The rooms are obviously old-fashioned and don't have air conditioning, true, but the fans (two in our room: a ceiling one and a foot one) were enough to keep us cool-ish.
Someone here has mentioned the noise, and it's true that the church bells and the sea gulls (yes, you're reading that right!) woke us up on several occasions as they seemed to be determined to drown each other out every hour upon the hour, but I imagine that after a few more nights you'd get used to it.
The whole building is pretty and quaint, and right next to the centre, with quite a few shops and bars nearby. If you go by car, the public car park (9.60€ a day - but I parked for two days and only paid for one - not sure why but there seems to be a maximum) is very convenient: don't try to drive into the hostel's street like I did! Lovely beaches are 10 minutes away by car.
The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. Would definitely recommend.
PS. Apparently some rooms do have an en-suite bathroom so if that's an issue for you at least you can choose.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2017

A lovely place we discovered last minute for a quick family get away that was close to the beaches, our family of four with 2 children 11yo & 7yo, stayed in a family bedroom with a shared bathroom for 3 nights.

The shared bathroom was very clean and hygienic, the bedroom was made everyday and cleaned.

Service was friendly and efficient.

Breakfast was standard with cereals, toast, cheese and cured meat, some fruit, juices and hot tea and coffee.

We didn't eat other meals here but the drinks in the open court yard which is really colourful with character, were good, very welcoming friendly bar staff.

A couple things they could improve on is the room temperature, they use wall fans but it was super hot in the room at night and cool outside (beginning of August) and there was no way we could get a cooling breeze as there was only one small window for the double family room we had.
The other improvement would be the beds in the family room were hard for me.

Great place upon check out we received a 20% discount on our next stay if we booked through their website.

We headed to another place for dinner called Daltonic which served bigger and cheaper drinks, the Tapa's there were very good.

Room Tip: Family room has wall fans for the summer not very cool in the warmer months.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2016

I haven't stayed at he hostel but have been to be bar and eaten tapas there. I think it is a lovely little oasis in Palafrugl. He staff are very kind and helpful and the tapas are very nice. We a we been there a few times this summer

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2016

We wanted one night near the lovely resorts of Llanfranc etc and thought it might be difficult to get a booking for just one night so decided to go 10 minutes drive inland to the pretty town of Palafrugell. Id read the review of this hostel and they were on the whole good so we booked it online. I'd read in a previous review about chimes from the church bell so requested a quiet room.

When the sat nav found the hostel it was in a very narrow old street and driving up it was almost impossible so we had a drive about 5 minutes further to a main street and park there. Parking was by meter payment and you had a maximum of 90 minutes. We then walked the cases to the hostel and were given a key to our room. The room was ensuite, very clean, full of character and had all we needed. After a rest in our room we had to move the car as our 90 minutes was up so we drove to Llanfranc and had an evening meal there. We choose the number one TA restaurant., Chez Tomas, and it was fantastic.

When we returned to the hostel we again parked in the main street but because it was after 8pm it was free, as long as we moved it by 9am the next morning. The open air courtyard bar in the hostel was now busy but we were tired and went to bed. I'd taken ear plugs and it was just as well as the noise from the bar was deafening. I managed to go to sleep but was woken once or twice by the clamour down below. But at 3am I woke again, this time because of the church bells. And after that I didn't sleep a wink. Literally. They chime on the quarter hour all through the night. Even with ear plugs and the windows closed you could hear them loud and clear. After one chime I lay there waiting for the next one, as you do. Hubby, who is hard of hearing, slept peacefully. You can imagine how ill I felt the next morning and indeed the whole of the next day. We found the breakfast room, food all laid out but we were the only diners and we didn't see a soul from the hostel itself. There were cereals, juices, toast, cold meats and cheese(uncovered), Cona coffee being kept warm on a hotplate (my pet hate, stewed of course) fruit, pastries, so not a bad breakfast but no one to say thank you or good bye to so we just left the key on the bar, hurrying to make sure we didn't have a parking ticket.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

We have been traveling along Costa Brava & Barcelona and have made four bookings so far. This hostel was the most beautifull one. Great place, nice service, rich breakfast, and the most great thing: cute, atmospheric garden/bar. This place has strong spanish spirit and we have fallen in love!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple