Had a great time last week at this hotel on a Shearings coach holiday.
The food was good and although not as extensive as some buffets on All Inclusive I have seen, there was always something great on the menu. I love fish and was happy with the choices.
The restaurant staff were very pleasant and attentive and brought a choice of wine or water to the table.
The bar staff were amazing - especially Even, Antonio and Hassan (Antonio, I am the one with the blue nails!!!) - you could go to the bar or they came round to take orders frequently - I have never seen anyone work so hard. They were very friendly too. The cocktail menu on All Inclusive is large - 22 in total included of which 4 were non alcoholic - all very good. They even had some premium drinks on the All Inclusive including Baileys.
Entertainment was low key some nights and really lively on others - they had International dancers, flamenco and karaoke when I was there.
Bedrooms were exactly as in the brochure - standard rooms were more than adequate - I had room 238 which overlooked the garden ad opposite another hotel - it was incredibly quiet at night and the balcony got the sun in the afternoon.
The pool area was nice but the pool was too cold for me - but its was October! I did expect the upper 'relax' pool to be a warm jacuzzi - it wasn't and was just as cold as the lower pool!
The location of the hotel - beach is accessed via subway under railway line (no noise from trans at night BTW as they stop running) - shops are all around with main pedestrianised street and railway station 10 minutes walk away. If you turn right out of hotel, that will take you to Santa Susanna - lovely area and where you can get mini train to take you up in hills over Malgrat for 4.70 euros return.
All in all, would definitely recommend this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you looking for a relaxing holiday next to the beach with all the services, personalized attention and the maximum comfort? Welcome to Sumus Hotel Monteplaya. Our privileged location in Malgrat de Mar's promenade, in the Barcelona - Maresme Coast, makes us the perfect base to visit Barcelona, Girona, the Costa Brava and the areas of touristic interest in Catalonia. In addition to 168 rooms completely renovated, we have a wide range of services, including buffet restaurant, a gastronomic point with tasting menu, snack bar service at the pool and lounge-terrace, two swimming pools, massage and beauty services, multipurpose room, a selection of monitored activities (yoga, tai-chi, etc.) and a variety of shows, DJs and live music in the evenings. The perfect place to make the most of your next vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sumus Hotel Monteplaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteplaya Hotel Malgrat De Mar
- Sumus Hotel Monteplaya Malgrat De Mar, Province Of Barcelona, Spain