“Absolutely the best meal of our trip!”
Review of bistrot des fleurs

bistrot des fleurs
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Vernon
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We had a terrific meal at Le Bistro des Fleurs. I think we got the last reservation for the night. Our meal began began with a complimentary vegetable terrine--delicious. My husband then had the three course prix fixe meal with a delicious salad for appetizer, fresh fish with a side of polenta and ratatouille for a main course and chocolate mousse for dessert. I knew I couldn't eat that many courses, so I ordered the caprese salad appetizer and shared with my husband. Everything was beautifully prepared and delicious. I think our server was actually one of the owners. He answered all our questions about the menu and even some about Giverny. Service was just right in terms of pacing, and the price was shockingly reasonable. Way less than we would have paid for anything comparable here. Tremendous value for a very high quality dinner. We enjoyed the meal so much, we tried to go back the next day for lunch, but they were completely full. Make a reservation and go!

Reviewed 28 July 2017

We were delighted to come across this great restaurant while staying in Vernon. The food and service were both very good. We sat out the back, on a very pretty and quiet street. The menu was in French so we weren't sure exactly what we were ordering, but it was all delicious and very good quality. While not cheap, I'd say it was excellent value for money.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Good food in Vernon is difficult to find. Try "Le Bistro des Fleurs" on rue Carnot! This is an unpretentious place where the pretty lady cooks and her friendly husband and a good looking lad wait on you. You'll like the fresh food, simply prepared, nicely served, and tasty. Extra bonus: excellent French wines by the glass at an affordable price. Enhjoy!

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Classical french bistro with good food and wine. I have jumped in for rather quick lunch with a group of 9. They have a lunch offer with salad, bread, main course, a desert and a glass of wine for 21E - a very good price, having in mind that the mains are selected from decent dishes like tuna, steak, beef tartar and others - not a cheap ones. We were served quickly (which was not easy for french celebrating food naturally I believe but they have delivered to the xpectation with smiling faces and all of our group members were satisfied with what they had.
The interior is also good - a french bistro with modern touch - wall paintings of pretty women.
The place looks very busy - there was no free tables where we were eating so reservation highly recommended if bigger group.
A good choice.

1  Thank ROSEFLOWER7-7
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

The bistro was friendly and the selection of food was enough to satisfy most tastes at a reasonable cost. Would definitely visit again.