“Great find, you'll not find better steak in cycling distance”
Review of Bistec

Bistec
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Heverlee
Description: Do you love meat? We do. We love meat. Our goal is to serve you a perfectly cooked slab of beef. with a sauce of your choice, totally home made. With a salad on the side, and a potato-preparation like 'frites', croquettes or baked potatoes. We have an exellent wine selection, and some good bourbons and liquors too. This place is a gem, so we are told. tucked away on a side street in a quiet community. If one loves a good slab of beef, this is the place. Important: kitchen closes at 22,00 hrs
Reviewed 10 May 2017

We've been here a few times and, frankly, are quite happy to keep this little gem of a restaurant to ourselves (I like it that we can almost always get a table on the same night that we call). But sometimes it's important to share the love. And this restaurant really deserves to have a much higher rating on here, especially when some of the other restaurants are considered. So, what do you get a Bistec? Certainly a surprise. Who would think that tucked away in a backstreet in Heverlee such a great restaurant could be discovered? The interior is modern and inviting, with accents reminding the diner why they are there: To enjoy a fantastic steak. The breadth of choice of meat is good, perhaps more than is actually required. For the rest, there's not much to say. We've all had bad steak, and that stinks. Chewing, and chewing, and chewing... and wondering what to do with the gristle in your mouth that you can't bring yourself to swallow but don't want to spit out, even subtly, in polite company. You'll never have that experience here. The meat is great quality and Bistec steaks are always cooked to perfection (I'm a Brit, and my experience in Belgium is that what I think of as 'medium rare' is different to what is generally considered 'saignant', so I explain, and I get my steak 'medium rare', perfectly as I like it - this is more of an exception than a rule, I find in Belgium). Great selections of wine, good chips, what more can you ask for?! We weren't a fan of the desserts, but who cares?! Fill up on great steak, that's why you're there. A nice little hazelnut liquor at the end of the meal, and everyone goes home happy. Staff are friendly and informative (once we had the new girl - but hell, we've all been the new girl, or maybe new boy, or maybe new 'I/A' - and everyone's allowed a first day where they don't know so much). Toilets are good and clean - always important if you ask me. Overall it's great. So please do check it out. But only a few of you at a time. I still wanna get my table whenever I'm ready.

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Driving more than 30 minutes to eat an incredible steak is ridiculous? Not when you get to know BISTEC! The service is great and the food even better! Choose from 10 steaks at least and enjoy the taste of beef like you've never tasted before!

Stef and Evelien both are amazing and will make sure you have an incredible evening!!!

Reviewed 14 July 2016

specialty beef restaurant , with a delicat choice of meat . The meat is excellently prepared and very, very tasty; it has ripened for quiet a time. Fiendly service, the sauces were not exactly up to the quality of the meat, not cheap but fair, and excellent steak, try the spanish one.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

Very nice cosy place outside of the busy city of Leuven. Nice fresh meat cooked the way it has to be with nice sauces freshly made by the chef. Also nice delection of Gin Tonics and desserts. All perfectly served. One can see that this restaurtant is run z-with the heart! To be recommended. 1 small disadvantage is the lack of parking space near the restaurant, but it is worth the walk!

1  Thank Erik2208382
Reviewed 26 April 2016

Newly opened restaurant focusing on quality beef. The grilled bone marrow starter was delicious, and my Simmental fillet was cooked to perfection. I will be back.

1  Thank pdaenens