“Great local food”

E.A.T. at Khao Yai
Ranked #6 of 62 Restaurants in Pak Chong
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

The food here is great with nice service in a relaxing atmosphere. We stuck with Thai food but it was the best papaya salad I've had in my whole trip and I've even scoured markets for this salad as well as restaurants claiming to make a good one. THe curries were fantastic and they have an impressive beer selection. They even made the food nice and spicy! I rarely give 5 stars but I am not sure what they could have improved on.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

I ordered take away food and they served me with ice mineral water while waiting. The owner was very nice.

Food: fried fish + lemonade chicken + garlic prawn + the other food that i forgot the name. All foods was nice and well served.

The service was great and not so pricey.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Found this p!ace on our last night in Khao Yai. Maybe because it was a Friday night it was more atmospheric than the p!aces we had visited earlier. Food was good enough. Live singers were average. But the selection of beer which initially drew us to the place was so fabulous (eg draft plus Czech Budweiser) that everything became wonderful as the evening wore on.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Khao Yai is a leisure place where many restaurants close early at night. We made a few attempts before finally decided to come to this cafe. It turned out to be one of the best choice we ever made in Khao Yai! The cafe owner is down-to-earth and friendly. He even assisted his staff to take order due to English fluency and checked on the dishes after served. The cafe was almost full house during my visit. The owner has prepared table for 13 in front of the live band and reminded them to lower down the volume for us. The service was impressive and thoughtful!

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

This bistro restaurant is located just past the intersection of 3118 and Thanon Thanarat (main road from Pak Chong to Khao Yai). There is a stop light at this intersection and a 7/11 shop on the corner. There are many food stalls and E.A.T. Sits 50 meters back so you must watch for it. There is a large school just past the restaurant.

The front part is more of a bar/bistro with food service and aircon. The back sections are larger but open air with fans. The menu is fairly extensive and the items I order have been very good. This place is within easy walking distance of my condo so I walk down frequently for lunch. My favorite is the papaya salad with salted egg. Not too spicy and flavorful.

There is a large and impressive selection of imported beers from around the world, and quite a few nice wines. Personally I am a big fan of Thai beer so this feature is not my thing. I certainly recommend this place for a casual lunch.