Open today: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm

from USD 195.24
from USD 397.10
from USD 1,259.20
3,846 results
All reviews water slides changing rooms private pool day pass school holidays hanmer springs thermal pools all ages few hours south island lockers minerals jets therapy waterslides togs hydro bliss
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 October 2019 via mobile

I’m quite torn in my feeling about the thermal pools. The experience we got was reflected in the price. For only $25 pp for a whole day’s visit, this is an absolute bargain. However I think I was under the impression the pools and facilities would be more upmarket due to the many photos etc online. I now realise the spa and private pools are the more luxury side of things. Whilst we enjoyed the pools, the facilities were very basic. No doors on any changing rooms, several showers not working and no body wash provided. The hairdryers were terrible and only two were available. The towels we hired were really small, no robes provided. We visited on a quiet day, Im sure during busy times this is not good. Think ‘local swimming pool’ as opposed to thermal spa. We had to go into the cafe to get water, which was available in plastic disposable cups. Would expect to see reusable cups in New Zealand. I would personally be happy to pay quite a bit more for better facilities. I think I just got sucked in by the marketing. The pools themselves were good but I expected a bit more luxury.

1  Thank CC9261
Marketing_HSTPS, Guest Relations Manager at Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Thanks so much for your valued feedback - we will pass these comments on as we strive to improve - always!

Reviewed 20 October 2019

On whim we drove northwest out of Christchurch, slightly misjudging the distance and reached Hanmer Springs in freezing rain. We opted for a private spa for 30 minutes and wallowed like a pair of contented hippos in romantic solitude. Outside the insulated window, birds pecked at worms and snow started to fall.
Mrs BB then donned her polar thermals while I dipped in the public pools and a brief snow blizzard caused a steamy white-out. A quick trawl round the souvenir added a Kiwi cap and beanie to our luggage. Worth the drive and the entry fee. Set aside half a day at least.

1  Thank beachbuddy10
Reviewed 16 October 2019

nice pool park for the day out, lots to do and their expanding , water still warm even with the cold weather

2  Thank ELCLAN23
Reviewed 14 October 2019

Very professional setup. Love all the different features and options available. Good changing rooms, clean and fresh. Friendly staff.

Reviewed 12 October 2019

I very much enjoyed my massage at the Spa at Hanmer Springs. Very nice, peaceful environment. Staff very welcoming. My therapist Amanda gave an amazing massage, very professional and caring person. I Loved it. I also raelly liked being able to have a shower there afterwards.

1  Thank AnnekaT15