“Above and Beyond”
other traveller has booked this property
Entrance to Kauri Lodge
Bedroom 1 which has a Queen bed and a Single bed, and plenty of space!!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Entrance to Kauri Lodge
Bedroom 1 which has a Queen bed and a Single bed, and plenty of space!!
Bedroom 1
Bedroom 2 - containing one Queen Bed and one Single.
Kitchen and dining with 8 seater table and chairs.
Lounge and dining in the Kauri Lodge two bedroom apartment.
The Bathoom.
We have amazing sunsets at Kauri Lodge !!
A lovely evening at Kauri Lodge
Even on a winter night the sunset can be spectacular!
Beef cattle on the farm.
Young Kauri Trees. There are many massive old Kauri Trees in the upper North Island of New Zealand
The entrance to the two bedroom apartment at Kauri Lodge.
The wonderful rural view from the deck at Kauri Lodge.
A view of Kauri Lodge
The deck where you can enjoy outdoor dining is surrounded by gardens and views of surrounding farms.
Enjoy the garden while you dine outdoors.
Two of our horses are enjoying the roses!
The back garden.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Travelabi...
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Above and Beyond”
Reviewed 29 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

I stayed here with my frail elderly mum and my husband for 5 nights. My son's wedding was at the nearby Red Barn. From the moment we arrived we couldn't have been cared for better. Libby and Jim at Kauri Lodge and Beryl and Alan (who have the studio accomodation on the property ) went above and beyond with kindness, service, care and accommodation facilities. The apartment is very spacious with sky tv and free Wi Fi, we had comfortable beds and beautiful views of the countryside. The cooked breakfast we chose to have on the morning of the wedding was yummy and great value. This was a home away from home without the stress of having to do our own dishes. How wonderful to wake up to green pastures and cattle and horses in the adjacent paddocks. It is an animal lovers dream with friendly dogs and cats and a beautiful garden to boot.other family stayed in the studio which is delightful and beautifully appointed. I will return every time I need R and R and I can't wait to do so.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The genuine hospitality offered by Libby and Jim
Liked least: The fact I had to leave to come home
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
2 May 2015
Thank you for a wonderful review. It was such a pleasure to have you and your family here at Kauri Lodge. We are all so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we would really love to see you again. Many thanks for the opportunity to spend some time at your son's amazing wedding.
Morgan B
“Beautiful location and lovely hosts!”
Reviewed 6 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Beautiful location and lovely hosts! Made me a lovely breakfast with fresh eggs and showed me around the property. I felt right at home up in the hills there. Convenient distance to Hobbiton and not far from Cambridge.

Paudux
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great place and will be returning”
Reviewed 8 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

We were originally just after some pet friendly accommodation, but Jim and Libby offer a great location and are very hospitable. We will be returning everytime we head up that way and look forward go keeping in touch when we move up there.

Highly recommended, especially if you have a pet.

B L
Nashville, Tennessee
“FANTASTIC farmstay!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

LOVED the Kauri Lodge and our hosts, Libby and Jim! They were completely fantastic. Libby was so much fun... If I lived in NZ I would be making a coffee date with her right now because I enjoyed her company so much! The farm was beautiful... rolling hills, wonderfully friendly horses, sheep and cows, and we even got to meet a pregnant cow and feed some of the sheep and calves! Great fun, especially when we got to see some of the native bush. I got some great shots of some gorgeous native trees, and we even took a ride on a swing that was hidden away in the bush! Such fun! That evening Libby & Jim's neighbors Beryl and Allan came over for supper and we all hit it off like old friends. Libby played Danny Boy on her organ while we all sang different versions of the words (I laughed 'til I cried, it was so funny!), and Allan busted out his guitar and he & Beryl entertained us with some great music, including some Pink Floyd and Elvis. Libby's dinner (pork & chicken, sweet potatoes [kumara], mashed potatoes, green salad, green beans, etc.) was fantastic (I was especially over the moon for her garlic carrots), and breakfast the next morning of poached eggs, ham, and hash browns with Libby's very own tomato sauce was wonderful as well. Libby and Jim were so knowledgeable and easy to talk to. Jim has almost convinced me to make another trip to NZ so I can visit a proper sheep-shearing operation to start my new career as a sheep shearer, :-) and Libby has inspired me to try to create a garden that is 1/10th as lovely as hers (because I'm sure I could never manage to match hers!). We slept fantastically well at Kauri Lodge... the night was refreshingly cool, so we left our doors cracked open to let in the night air. The beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was wonderfully set up with a toilet separate from the shower area. Libby had obviously put much thought into providing everything we could possibly need. Our area had comfy chairs & couches, with plenty of music and movie options for our downtime, as well as some great books about NZ. We had our own refrigerator, with water and orange juice already provided. The sunset that evening, which was right at the back of the house over the valley where the livestock were feeding, was spectacular and everyone in our group got some great pictures. The only bad thing about Kauri Lodge was having to leave! Highly, highly recommended!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Brisbane
Reviewed 29 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Management Response
29 Sep 2013
Thank you Carol and David. We enjoyed meeting you and your two lovely sons, and you were a pleasure to have to stay.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
USD 150
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing