“Beautiful winery with lovely food & stunning vistas, loved it”

Killara Estate Vineyard and Cellar Door
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Seville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2017

My partner and I had lunch here to check it out as a potential venue for my hens luncheon later this year. I have had trouble finding a place as a lot of places force you onto expensive compulsory banquet menus once you have over 10 people, however this place is more affordable and flexible and I just loved it. I find some of these places super noisy inside too but this one wasn't, it had a lovely warm fire and I just love the outdoor tables so fingers crossed for nice weather for the hens day. I also loved the food, we had the pizza and the delicious Italian pastries and I loved both, and a moscato and a chai latte - I even did my little Chai Di Report here for @TheChaiDiReport that I do - showing people great places to go for lunch or a drink, well today was a success and I think I found my hens luncheon venue, and I'd certainly recommend it to go out for lunch even if it wasn't a function. I found the service wonderful too

There are newer reviews for Killara Estate Vineyard and Cellar Door

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Firstly Killara is in a stunning location with lovely views.We were there in a large group & the restaurant was very busy. On arrival we were given a wine tasting of 3 different wines by the very entertaining & knowlegeable host. This was excellent! When our food was served the antipasto & bread was very good. But the pizza & lasagne was average at best but our end of the long table wasn't given any of the prawns & arancini. When dessert arrived we weren't given plates.
It's a great venue but they need to get the basics right!

Reviewed 23 April 2017

First impressions were good, but as the day wore on things got fairly disorganised,dirty plates and uneaten food were left for far too long, drinks were overpriced as was the request to cut the cake and serve as they wanted $2.50 per person on top of the $35 per person to have antipasto and to top the day off 3 of her friends didn't turn up for various reasons and they still charged her $35 per person without her prior knowledge. 24 people won't be heading back there.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

We stopped by and were welcomed by Kevin, the manager of The Cellar Door. We tasted several wines and had made reservations for a lunch for 4. We had the sampling platter of hot and cold foods. The arancini and the prawns were wonderful. We also had wagu beef sliced with rocket and Parmesan cheese and lightly dressed with olive oil. The pear and walnut salad was very fresh and tasty with the just the right amount of dressing for us.
We weren't in any hurry, so took our time to enjoy the lovely scenery and the winery through the large glass windows overlooking the property.
The location handles weddings and larger parties, so I suggest you call for reservations especially on the weekends. It is not a large conglomerate - it is a smaller quality organization so they take their time to do it right.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

We had our daughter's wedding and reception at Killara Estate. It was a sweltering hot day and the wedding was to be outside and I was worried how everyone would cope with the heat.
The staff at Killara were fantastic, handing out bottles of water to guests as they arrived, allowing wedding party and guests to cool off inside before the wedding.
The food was wonderful and there was lots of it and the venue certainly wasn't stingy with the drinks.
Kevin and the staff were highly flexible to accommodate any requests we had, they helped to make it a wonderful night.