“Lovely staff, service and atmosphere”
Review of Quaff

Quaff
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Toorak
Price range: USD 41 - USD 41
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We had a lovely meal here a couple of weeks ago. I had questions about my dietary requirements over the phone, and when we arrived they offered to go through the menu options that were suitable for me. Great service throughout the evening. Our meals were lovely and the dessert I had was divine! I thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

I came here for a work dinner presentation. It was my first time so I didn't know what to expect. The service was fantastic. The entree lovely but I can't get over my steak. The best I've ever had... And I've been to a lot of steakhouses. Dessert was also lovely. Highly impressed and highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We had friends visiting from the UK and there were 6 of us dining. My wife and I had been many times before and we all could not fault anything. The man who looked after us was superb, the food sublime, everything spot on. My wife had the kangaroo which raised a few eyebrows with our English friends, but after they had a taste, they were amazed at the flavour and presentation. The scallops, fish, steaks and everything else ordered were first class, the wine list was extensive and well priced. The desserts were also fantastic.
We most probably outstayed our welcome, but no one seemed to care, it was a night to remember.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Revisited Quaff on a lovely, balmy evening so the front facade was opened onto the footpath of Toorak Rd: it was better than sitting outside (which you can do for more casual option). The linen tablecloths and attentive staff help set the scene for a special evening. The menu is 'sensible' - as our first-time fellow diner said "there are lots of things that actually appeal to me!" We had the gravlax with an interesting combination of grated apple (delicious!), barramundi with accompanying vegetables (quite generous and we didn't need to order side dishes!) And that made room for the lemon soufflé! We ordered two to share (with four people) and the staff were very accommodating. Okay, the price was $19.50 each soufflé but it was worth very dollar! Few restaurants offer soufflé as a dessert and this is the best I have savoured in a long time! Our friends agreed. Fortunately, there were no crying babies this time (as per last review!) and it didn't seem as noisy - maybe it filtered through the opened front wall? - although it was very busy. Okay, it's a little on what most consider the expensive side, but it is very good value. Not at all intimidating, it has a relaxed, but elegant atmosphere. We will be back again : so will our friends who live within walking distance -and couldn't believe they hadn't been before!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

A friend and I were wandering Toorak Village, looking in the shops and enjoying a display of prints in different windows. We happened to be outside Quaff Restaurant at an appropriate time for lunch, and were attracted by the special offer of two courses plus a glass of win for $35.

Both of us thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The dishes were beautifully presented and delicious. I had a red wine and my friend chose the white. Each wine was good.

Now that I know there is an affordable place for lunch in Toorak Village, I'll make return visits, with my partner or other friends. Quaff is really nice.