“Thanks Terry”

Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Toorak
Price range: USD 39 - USD 39
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the ambience of a night in a buzzing French bistro in Melbourne without the jet lag. We aim to make your experience completely enjoyable.
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

It was good to reconnect midweek with the service and cuisine at Bistro Thierry. The oysters were good (unshucked), the fillet was extremely good and my share of the tarte tatin was vanishing too quickly! There service was wonderful and my guest was very happy with the meal overall. While hard to fault, my suggestions would be avoid the limited sitting times (if possible), finish the cleaning before guests arrive, avoid really good wines that are too young to drink now. Worth a second look.

Thierry C, Owner at Bistro Thierry, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

A big 'merci beaucoup' for taking the time to share your BT experience on Trip Adviser.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

In late May I attended for a business lunch of four people. As we each had meeting commitments later in the day we refrained from alcohol - how very 2017! However my cursory glance over the comprehensive wine list reveals depth and width and expense.
It was prudent that we booked as the restaurant was full within minutes of our arriving at 12.30 on a Wednesday. Not too may suburban restaurants away from business hubs can say that.
In any event we all had an entrée and a main. I succumbed to wintry staples with Coquilles St Jacque and Bouef a la Bourgogne as a main.
The entrée was a delicate but sufficient tantaliser with the scallops sourced from Canada if I recall correctly. The main was just hearty and a deeply satisfying with a rich reduced wine sauce.
All up our four meals came in at about $350 which is pricey without wine. But all four of us agreed the food was excellent. The service was unobtrusive but attentive and very professional.
Altogether a very good experience and definitely a restaurant to revisit.

We are so glad you enjoyed your BT experience and look forward to seeing you again soon. A bientot!

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Sat down at 12 noon , ordered our lunch special $39 two choices , one the entree and.main course .
Gorgeous baguette is presented and lots of it.
Our choice was to order the French onion soup , the best I've ever eaten. Main course was the minute fillet steak with salad and never ending fries , the experience is like you are in France and the customer service was excellent, oh and you got to choose nice glass of wine,
Thankyou I will be back

Thierry C, Owner at Bistro Thierry, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Reviewed 21 May 2017

went there once with my husband and had steak, I'm not a meat lover so if I say the steak is good, it's very good. Loved this place, it's decor and it's vibe. Definitely have to go back!

Thierry C, Owner at Bistro Thierry, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Thanks for your kind words we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

A Melbourne Gem! Fantastic Food... amazing Service! This will take you to France in every sensory moment... Has to be one of the favourite restaurants in Melbourne for those who love France!