“Local fruit stand and food a true taste of local food”
Review of La Frutera Flores

La Frutera Flores
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Luquillo
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

This please sells fresh fruits and vegetables great for locals and tourist wanting to have a taste of typical puertorrican food. The shakes are awesome, you mix whatever fruits you choose, even the coconut is fresh. Everyday lunches, rice, beans, ribs, chicken, codfish salad, pork chops among other things and local fritters. Try the alcapurrias you won't regret it!

1  Thank NMONPR

Reviewed 6 March 2017

We went there twice. It was difficult to find it but that was because the directions given to us weren't clear. The first time we got smoothies which were really good. But the food wasn't great, not to much variety so we got empanadas that were really greasy and the filling was almost nonexistent. On our way out I picked up a mango and they charged me 1 dollar for it, which is not a bad price but neither cheap considering is local produce. The second time we went just to get some fruit. There was a sign that offered 3 mangoes for 5 dollars but I wanted only one so I asked how much and the man said 2!! I told him that I bought one two days earlier for one dollar, and he said OK. So beware of that. I guess the price depends on the face of the customer and if they feel like thy can get more money from you.
I am very sorry to have to write this review because their fruit is really good but acting like that is not good for the Puerto Rico tourism.

1  Thank maluferrari
Reviewed 7 February 2017

I really liked the Mango smoothie but next time I would ask for just the fruit, ice and water. The fruits there are so delicious that the extra creamy sweet liquild is not necessary.

The grapefruit we purchased were the most sour we've ever had but the mangos and avocados made up for it. The prices seem a little high--you may want to ask before purchasing the fruit from the stand.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

A lot of tropical fruits and some vegetables. Nice local Caribbean taste. Outstanding tropical fruits shakes.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

Fresh amazing smoothies only $3, avocados and mangos bigger than my hand and tasted amazing. The staff will help you select ripe ones if you need help. The food is excellent and a crazy good value. We went there at least 3 times during our week in Luquillo.