New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Rainforest Ocean View Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Luquillo B&B and Inns
“Relaxing!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

We loved it...if you like to stay in a relaxing quiet place this is for you...but dont expect a resort because is a small inn...very clean, nice staff. I dont have nothing bad to say about it.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank neysantiago

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

It's a plain and simple inn with a nice view and lots of places nearby. The room is big with a more than comfortable bed and very quit. Don't expect a 5 star hotel or great room service it's on top of a mountain with lots of options near to choose from. Beach, rainforest, zip line,restaurants, drug stores, supermarket , plus the attractions they have !! Nice simple place!!

• Stayed February 2012
4 Thank Emmav2015
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Love the location, quiet & comfortable... It has an amazing el yunque(rainforest) view. Great for a weekend or romantic getaway. The room is exactly as it appears in their internet site. The package price was affordable and they had a great staff ! .They give you a beeper with the room key so you can enter the place at any time . They don't have internet, but whatever who needs that when u are in such an amazing location. The property is secluded from the town but there is security at night in the property. My family and I <3 the place !

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Boston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. I don't like to leave negative reviews so I will outline both the positives and negatives. First the good: The hotel looks exactly as it does on the website, the rooms are spacious, clean and bright with good views. We had an ocean view room and it was neat to be able to see the cruise ship lights on the ocean at night. The AC was adequate and the pool was nice. We also felt that the price for the room was very good.
Now for the bad: This was the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed at. We really wanted an out of the way, quiet place to stay for a few nights and this was not it. The floors are all tile which looks nice but the sound carries from one room to another like crazy. When we were staying here the rest of the rooms were rented out to a local school group and there were loud kids running in the halls until late at night. The front desk is not staffed at night so there was no one to call while all this noise was going on. I mentioned this to the owner after the first night and she said I could talk to the school group's leader and that she would mention it too. I did speak with an adult from the group but there was a language barrier (my spanish is poor) and honestly I don't think it should have been my responsibility to talk to other guests about their noise level. The hotel owner asked me the next day if it was any better, which it was not. She said she was sorry about it but then went on to tell me that this other group was a repeat customer. That pretty much led me to believe that nothing would be done about it, which is what happened. We left exhausted. If we could have switched to another hotel we would have.
I do think that we just had bad timing...if we had been there with other, quieter guests we would have enjoyed our stay. It was disappointing because the hotel/room was what we were hoping for.
Also make note that it is off the beaten path a little bit. You need to have a car and I don't recommend the restaurant associated with the hotel. The food was ok but it was expensive. Better, cheaper food is available at the kiosks just a few miles away.

Room Tip: Choose ocean view, you can see the cruise ships at night.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank happymcclure
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

This place screwed up my reservations. I booked through Orbitz about 3 months in advance AND PAID IN FULL when I booked. Then, a week before my arrival, Orbitz tells me that the hotel contacted them and said they had overbooked -- and I got bounced! They hotel didn't even have the courtesy to contact me themselves. Orbitz apologized, offered a refund, and offered to help find alternatives. This Rainforest & Oceanview Inn has a reputation for shoddy booking -- and I wouldn't trust them again. Don't reserve here, only to get duped at the last minute after they've taken your money! Stay somewhere else and avoid the last minute headache on your vacation.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank toddinparis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luquillo
5.3 km away
2.7 km away
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa
6.6 km away
Gran Melia Golf Resort Puerto Rico

Been to Rainforest Ocean View Inn? Share your experiences!