“Great food”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

Great food, everything make fresh , Miguel the owner very friendly, we try the food and we been back 3 times more , thanks Congas great food and great people!

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

The $3 martinis were amazing!! I loved the berry ones and even took some to go! The shrimp skewers, the fried coconut shrimp, the mahi mahi and more were delicious!!!!!! I was in heaven and it was totally worth the money!

Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

I ordered a shrimp cocktail and the conga cylinder which is prawns and peppers wrapped in a chicken breast which is then wrapped in Churrasco ( skirt steak). I was expecting skirt steak to be tough as it usually is what that was not the case it was very tender. It was a very good meal all go there seem to be too much liquid in the shrimp cocktail. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be served that way or if somebody poured too much dressing on it. either way it still tasted great

Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

We went here on our first day in Puerto Rico and it was very nice. I highly recommend the Plenera. The view was also very nice by the beach. This kiosk is a hidden gem

Reviewed 5 March 2016

This restaurant in one of the Luquillo Kiosks in Luquillo Puerto Rico. Many people might want to by pass this, thinking that it is a tacky strip of cruddy businesses but there are great restaurants here, and Congas is the best! The restaurant has a bar with a few tables towards the front and then a number of tables in the back, looking out towards Luquillo beach off in the distance. It is clean and the staff is attentive. Our first night I had their Plenera dish which was a tower of twirled chicken enclosing shrimp and bacon in a scrumptious sauce, surrounded by great AL dente vegetables. Plain and simple it was a dish to die for. I was probably a pathetic sight, lopping up every drop of sauce and stuffing the generous portion inside me. It was so good we went back another night; my wife and daughter getting their versions of the Plenera (both raved about it) and me trying a Skirt steak with pepper sauce dish with onions and veggies (can''t remember its name, sorry) that was even better; both my meals were among the absolute best restaurant meals I have ever had. An OK beer selection and you can get just about any kind of drink. This is a great (small) place and it is unusual to get top shelf food all around two nights running anywhere you go, so they know what they are doing!