See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

I will simplify for you:
Location **
Appearance *
Service * ( owner was drunk)
It is the Walmart of Aparta-Hotel, the name says all. There's a hint of low class combined with a smell of an old bar. I booked for 3 nights and stayed one. It's the old saying: you get what you pay for! Save you money and get a nicer place that you'll not regret.
Just an awful experience.
This place does not deserve a picture or a place in the web.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Awesome place to stay. Safe and secure. Staff is great and the rooms as well. Breakfast is usually included which is nice and the food is good. They will even give you a second helping on the breakfast if you ask. They really treat you like family. Nothing bad to say about this place.

Stayed: February 2015
Reviewed 25 July 2015

Lost a belonging. But the service was good and the breakfast was authentic. Clean & simple. not very good internet, but i was told it was because of my room location. The sheets one time were not changed they only change them every other day.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2015

I stayed here for one night in December. Based on reviews I read, I picked this hotel. It is more like an apartment/hotel. They have plans for expansion but this will take a while.The building is finished, but the upper levels aren’t finished inside. The owner manager is Franck and Bianca his wife, and while they don’t speak much English, they couldn’t be nicer! They offer a nice breakfast in the morning, and offered me toast and tea when I arrived! The hospitality is wonderful!. The rooms are HUGE! the bathrooms are also very large. They have free wifi in all levels that is very good. Cable TV in the bedroom. My bed was comfortable, pillow was good, and the sheets were nice. Hot water is adjusted at the shower head, I had to ask how it worked!

Across the street is a night club so at night the music can be loud but it doesn’t go on too late. There is a large empty lot a block away where they have food trucks in the evening. Lots of good food at inexpensive prices. Santiago is pretty quiet on Sunday and not much was open, I was glad for the food trucks!

I enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend this for a budget hotel. Clean, comfortable and very secure.

Room Tip: Room away from the street might be a little quieter in the evening.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank cockers2luv
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

My stay here was one of the best expierences (service wise) in the entire time of me traveling to the DR.
The owner (Franck) makes you feel like a family member or a family friend rather than a paying customer. He is a fabulous host. I was traveling with my elderly mother who is diabetic, Franck took such great care of us that she insist that this be the only hotel we stay on any other trips to Santiago. 10 thumbs up for service!
The hotel itself is very basic but where they lack in amenities they make up for it in service.
There isn't any kitchenette as advertised for short term stays but Franck is very flexible with the breakfast menu so it shouldn't be an issue, there is a fridge in the room though. there is a grocery store and fast food restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2014