All reviews awesome views big terrace stay there again long weekend balcony city wedding privacy cleanliness
Reviewed 30 April 2018

I was in Santiago over a long weekend and was unexpectedly invited to attend a birthday celebration at Camp David with my friends. We didn't stay at the hotel but the restaurant food, service and view were awesome. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I rode out Hurricane Irma at Camp David, and it was absolutely a fantastic choice to get away from the North Coast. The location of the hotel, high atop a mountain just outside of Santiago proper, is gorgeous, and the view of the city and the entire Cibao Valley is majestic. The rooms were super clean and comfortable, with high end soaps and lotions in the bath and plentiful hot water. In addition, we never lost power or internet. The food in the restaurant was delicious, and the staff were extremely accommodating with providing room service when the storm made it dangerous to venture out. I can't wait to go back to Camp David.....without a hurricane!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mollybloom51
Reviewed 15 March 2018

We got a really nice suite, facing the mountain with a big terrace and forget about Gran Almirante this will be a hotel that you are going to remember for a long time, its beautiful. Don't have an elevator or may of the amenities that has a big hotel but the sharm and the peace of this place worth the visit. Im not going to talk about the view or the restaurant that they have but you are going to breath pure fresh air.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the mountain
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

We booked a room via booking.com and showed up around 8pm. There was a wedding happening and they put us in a room next to the party area.the doors and windows WERE VIBRATING because it was so loud, the sheets had holes !!!
They told us it would end at 1am but at 2am when I went to the lobby to complain, the employee laughed at my face and said it would end at 5 at least.
I had a deluxe room and they proposed a room IN THE BASEMENT! It smelled like rotten and had a air freshener jammed in the ac.
The next morning our breakfast consisted of lukewarm coffee and soggy toast. (The boxed orange juice and almost crispy bacon were ok).
The guy at the desk said he couldn’t give a refund because it was Sunday but call on Monday and they would.
When we called the manager was HORRIBLE. she claims :you paid for the room breakfast and the bathroom AND THAT IF WE HAD COMMON SENSE WE SHOULD’VE LEFT since we knew they had a wedding. Would not even offer compensation. Never mind that we didn’t even enjoy the room we PAID for.
The staff is UNTRAINED. RUDE. CLUELESS.
THE MANAGER IS UNPROFESSIONAL AND SO RUDE. tempted to just say ignorant.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2017

The location is a little far outside the city, but the view is beautiful. At least in my room, there was only a shower, and no bathtub, which was a little disappointing. The balcony and breakfast were nice, and they did offer smoking rooms, which I appreciated. English capacity among the staff was limited, but they did the best they could with my shaky Spanish.

The room was nice and comfortable. If the business I had to conduct wasn't so far away, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business