All reviews recommend this hotel small window wifi is free hotel is located city dr
Reviewed 17 May 2016

Located perfectly in the heart of Santiago, Just a few minutes from the monuments were all the Restaurants are at and a quick walk to their shopping district.
That being said; The place is a little over priced. most of the staff is friendly and house keeping is great. The rooms are ok, showers improvement. I had to be moved 4 times in 1 day cause of the shower not working. On the plus side they have free breakfast. WiFi is not great but its manageable over all its a good place for short stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor are bigger and quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Road D
Reviewed 16 March 2016

Nice rooms, really liked, But the A/C was too noisy in the room I stayed. Very comfortable bathroom and spacious room. The staff is nice also. Overall not so good sleep because of the noise. I was up in the fifth floor which is quiet from the outside. The Wify needs to be improved.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

I read reviews before making my reservations and was somewhat apprehensive. My business travel client was staying at the Hodelpa around the block so I figured this would be fine as the Hodelpa was fully booked.

Upon entering the lobby I was cheerfully greeted by a very nice front desk person who had my accommodations all set. Check-in was relatively easy and extremely fast and friendly.

Upon walking into my room it matched my expectations based on trip advisor photos that I had seen previously. What was a little surprising is that the bathroom was not clean, only had two medium-sized towels, very limited on typical toiletries and featured a jalousie window which faced the adjacent room's bathroom and shower. Someone was showering in the adjacent room and I could hear it as if they were showering in my room.

I heard the voice of a woman outside my room who was speaking very loudly and appeared to be in somewhat of an argument. A short while later, I heard more voices outside my room and look through the peephole as they sounded to be directly outside of my door. I observed two couples open the door to the room across from me, walk into the room and stand around the bed talking for about 10 minutes before leaving the room and walking away. Ashley while later, I was going to go around the corner to the Hodelpa to meet my business associate for a drink but was warned by our in-country representative that it would not be safe for me to do so not looking like a local despite the walk to be less than two minutes. Even he felt uncomfortable with the neighborhood and the casino in the hotel. Upon going downstairs in the morning for the complimentary breakfast, I found several people looking at me as if wondering what I was doing there.

The summary of my stay is that the Aloha Sol staff was very friendly, but this hotel is probably better suited for a local/Dominican than an out of place business guest. While I was not completely comfortable with my stay, I never felt I was in danger but merely out of place. I am used to traveling internationally and just felt this stay was one step too removed from my comfort zone.

I thank the staff for their kind attitude but would not stay here in the future.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Jay F
Reviewed 9 March 2016

I stayed in this hotel for a week, because Santiago was filled everywhere. I must say the staff was GREAT, very nice and willing to help on anything we needed. The rooms are very small and In a week, my room was only cleaned twice (in a complete week) and next to my room, there was a pizza tray that stayed on the floor for two complete days. Also, every single time i went up to the room i had to go down to get my room card coded because as soon as i left the room it stopped working (nope, didn't get it close to a phone or anything). Wifi works, so does the A/C and hot water. It wasn't horrible but it might not be the worse idea to try and find a different place if you can afford it.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2016

The location of this hotel is very good, you can walk to many places but the amenities are old, bathroom is small and not very comfortable. My room was big but moldy and breakfast, though varied was not great quality.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business