“Excellent”
other travellers have booked this property
Rear of cottage Main Floor Living Room
Lower Level family room.
Lower Level Shower
Beach
Sunset at Beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Cathy T
“Excellent”
Reviewed 9 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

This cottage is perfect. There was 6 adults and we all had lots of room. Its a beautiful quiet yard and private. We will be booking again.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Chasingwa...
Ontario, Canada
“Relaxing vacation”
Reviewed 21 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We appreciated that it is dog friendly. The daughter in law was very helpful and attentive with her contact for any questions. The trees in the back yard and hammocks offer privacy and peaceful setting however we would have prefered a lake view. Great appliances, showers and kitchen. Improvements would be the broken front closet doors and mildue smell in the basement. Very spacious and lots of fans kept the night's cool for sleeping. Close drive to beaches and town. We also went for two days to the Pinery beach (one day with the dogs) We appreciated the shed full of beach items we could borrow. Very thoughtful details to make a family's vacation very relaxing. Thank you!

Kimberly...
“Large home but disappointing.”
Reviewed 8 August 2017 for a stay in June 2017

The house itself was large but I was very disappointed. The outside needs some serious attention. Lots of bugs inside and out. Deck needs cleaning and staining. Windows need washing and maintenance as many of handles would just fall out and then good luck trying to close window. Was very disappointed that not only did we have to clean upon arrival but then again when we were leaving. Would have rather paid some kind of cleaning fee. The closest beach was closed due to high water levels and the main beach in Southcott Pines was small.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
30 Aug 2017
Kimberly, I am sorry you had a disappointing time at our cottage. The cottage is located in a forest and with that comes insects and debris from the trees. The cottage is sprayed for insects at the start of the renting season but I cannot control whether window and doors are kept closed during rental periods. The deck is power washed twice a year and yes it does need to be re-stained, but we are waiting to get all the old stain off via our twice annual power wash.
You said many of the handles would just fall off the windows. There are only two rooms with crank out windows, the bedroom and kitchen. Of the four windows with crank type handles, only one had a damaged handle. Normally this isn't something we would check weekly but we appreciate it when it is brought to our attention, even if the problem is slightly embellished as you have done. As for the house cleaning, we only ask that guests leave the cottage in the same condition as it is received. There is only a 4 hour turn around from renter to renter so a thorough top to bottom cleaning is not possible. Most renters we have dealt with prefer to clean the cottage themselves. Again sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I hope you are able to find a cottage that meets your standards next year.
David
cj0hns0n5...
Chatham, Canada
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 23 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

WE booked this cottage for thanksgiving weekend...the next day the owner cancelled our booking because he said he couldn't have 7 adults in for a weekend. Not happy campers. The majority of us are mature adults along with their grown children...which was never asked anyway.The cottage is big enough for 7 adults considering it has 4 bedrooms and three bathrooms and I do not recall seeing anything stating that it would not consider just adults. All in all I would not book with this cottage if you are considering an adult get away.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
24 Jul 2017
The cottage was booked for 2 adults! After accepting the booking I was informed there would be 7 adults staying. Not exactly as expected.
Roam64043...
“June stay 2017”
Reviewed 4 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Hello

Our stay at your place was good and the beach waa close. However , there were things we noticed that were not clean . The bbq was not clean , the mop needs to changed, dusty, empty Kleenex boxes were left under the sink. Just a few details we noticed . As well, the keys that were left to open to the door did not work . We used the key pad all the time.
The basement was very cold, so we did not use the bedroom downstairs .

We did our best to clean the place as it was given to us.

Regards and thank you ,

Amanda

5 Jul 2017
Amanda, thank you for your feedback. I agree the cottage was not up to the standard I would like. I have very little time between renters leaving and new ones coming so we depend on renters to leave the cottage as close to the condition as they received it as possible. Unfortunately the renters before you did not adhere to our guidelines. In the short time I had, I had to clean all bathrooms, clean all countertops, wipe down fridge, dispose of garbage and more. Obviously I didn't get to everything as I had an appointment in London I had to get to. As for the basement temperature, we normally do not have to worry about this in the summer, but there is a thermostat that controls the basement temperature located behind he door to the family room. I should have mentioned this to you in your welcome letter. Because you left the cottage in such good shape (much better than you received it) I would like to make good on your stay. If you and your family choose to stay in Grand Bend next year I would like to offer you and your family $200 of our regular rate, or if you would prefer, a free weekend of your choice between Sept 15 2017 and June 15 2018. Whether you can accept this offer or not, I do appreciate the feedback and thanks again for taking such good care of our cottage.
Dave
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing