Review of Brysons

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I have just had one of the best eating experiences in a long time visited this bar/restaurant, had a beer served with a smile and a warm welcome decided to have to house beef Burger OMG the best I have ever had,succelent,incredible taste so good I did not want it to end congrats to chef Ann Marie definitely one to visit.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

called in at 12:30, 30 minutes after opening, was seated and we ordered coffee, we sat for twenty minutes waiting on coffee, this place was not that busy, we waited over an hour for our main course. there was a couple in before us who had a similar long wait for food. when we eventually got our food it was nothing special, side orders of chips did not come with the food and had half of the meal ate before they arrived, asked for refill of coffee and cups was taken away and new cups brought, i suspected that we would be charged for another 2 cups even though it states on menu free refills. Staff / management should be better versed in the menu. The other couple before us i noticed also had a query with their bill. And yes our bill was wrong, we were charged for the refills even though we asked for refills. Also on the menu tea and coffee was supposed to be complimentary with mine but was on the bill. An explanation / apology came at the end that there was a party of 13 in and this caused the delay. Then the management should learn that when part of the team is under pressure to help or delegate. Overall dissatisfied hence the review, certainly will not be returning to this establishment, spent 2 hours in the place.

1  Thank bobby d
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Karen Lou Davies Cowbridge Wales

My family /friends and I visited this bar Saturday 24th June 2017, long time reader,first time reviewer!

We were over in Ireland from Wales and family based in Maghera area had always told us of a local bar with a love for rugby so we just had to visit and so glad we did!
2 bars, one small and cosy like the stereotype irish bar,guiness,friendly locals etc and the other bar much larger and modern where we we served wonderful meals.
We all stayed late into the night and loved every minute,everyone ,staff and customers,made us feel so welcome.
As we waited outside for our taxi the doorstaff brought out a young guy very drunk but as they closed the door he lay down and started being sick,when the doorman opened the door again he lifted the guy,carried him to a window ledge ,fixed his clothing and brought him water out....something that was so professional and just 'nice' it nearly made me cry!! I would sleep a lot better back home if I knew my kids were going to places like this, so thank you Brysons for a wonderful night...its too easy to write negative comments these days and I promised myself id write this as soon as we got home.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I tend not to leave reviews but I felt forced to on this occasion.
After seeing several reviews regarding the security staff I was aprehensive about going to Brysons for our Camogie teams night out, I have to say I was more than pleasantly surprised!
The door staff were not only gentlemen but amazingly helpful (even though one of our group did push it after indulging on a little too much vino!)
I have to say the gentleman with the beard was just that, dealt with us in the kindest way and the other fellow on the door was just as, if not moreso accomodating.
The music was a bit offputting, and dated but the bar staff were all fantastic, great atmosphere all night and a general all round thumbs up.
Looking forward to returning soon!
If I had one complaint to make, if I was pushed, I would ask the bar manager or head of staff to perhaps try and buy shirts a little more on the loose side - its not the 80's

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Myself and five of my work colleagues went to brysons last night, it was my first time, when entering the premises we were welcomed by very pleasant and courteous doormen. We got very delicious cocktails that were only £3! The bar staff were very good and well trained at their job. The bar itself had a very relaxed atmosphere and the music had wide variety to suit all age groups. Catching my eye in the bar was a poster saying kids eat free at the weekends, cannot wait to try out the food! When leaving we were bid goodnight and wished a safe journey home by a bearded doorman. I would definitely recommend brysons to any of my friends and family, all over a positive experience.

4  Thank AnnieFullerton