“First impressions last”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Myself and five of my work colleagues went to brysons last night, it was my first time, when entering the premises we were welcomed by very pleasant and courteous doormen. We got very delicious cocktails that were only £3! The bar staff were very good and well trained at their job. The bar itself had a very relaxed atmosphere and the music had wide variety to suit all age groups. Catching my eye in the bar was a poster saying kids eat free at the weekends, cannot wait to try out the food! When leaving we were bid goodnight and wished a safe journey home by a bearded doorman. I would definitely recommend brysons to any of my friends and family, all over a positive experience.

4  Thank AnnieFullerton

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

I would probably give brysons a 3/4 star review as I have had many good nights out here and good food also and the bar staff are fab!
But I have to give 1 star simply because of the rude, aggressive, confrontational and arrogant bouncer on the door(Keith)! The amount of people I know who have run ins with him is ridiculous! He is aggressive to paying customers and dosen't do his job appropriately atall!!
Me and 3 friends arrived one night and walked in (having rang before hand to confirm that the main bar was open) we then walked into the bar and to our shock Keith ran behind me and 1 of my friends and grabbed her by the arm shouting we had to get out as a private function was on. There was absolutely no reason for his aggression, any sane person would have calmly asked us to maybe have a drink in the corner bar instead as there was a function on. Instead he absolutely affronted us and shouted at us to get out! It was ridiculous how he reacted, Iv never seen a reaction like it in my life!!
He is definitely letting the place down and putting people off going! Bad for business and we won't be back.

6  Thank EleanorR123
Reviewed 17 April 2017

I have often passed by, or through, Magherafelt but I have never stopped. I stopped on Saturday 15th and my attention was drawn to Bryson's.The outside of the premises looked inviting and it was clear that it combined a bar and restaurant. I entered the bar and the atmosphere was electric as a big football match was being watched on TV by all in the bar and the Irish craic, and fun, was quite apparent. I then entered the restaurant and was immediately impressed by by the restaurant's obvious inviting ambiance.The restaurant's decor. was lovely and everything was spotlessly clean. I only wanted coffee and being a trained barista I was delighted to find the blend of coffee on offer and the price being charged for it - excellent coffee, fairly priced and prepared by Holly - a lovely wee lass who obviously was well trained in the preparation and presentation of coffee. I saw food being served and it looked and smelt delightful. I wished I had time to stop and have my tea in the restaurant but a prior engagement meant I had to leave. I did speak to the owner/manager and I believe her name is Patricia (not sure) She was pleasant and I quickly concluded she certainly knew how to run a successful business. From my experience of Bryson's (limited experience) I have no hesitation recommending the establishment. .

Reviewed 8 March 2017

Called into Bryson's Magherafelt to watch the Ireland vs Italy 6 nations game - Cracking atmosphere even before the game started - Myself & the wife got seated beside the open fire (Delightful) - We were amazed to see great drinks offers on during the game, Heineken pints only £3 - We decided to grab the 6 nations offer burger + pint for £6 (This was YUMMY & certainly hit the spot).

Staff were great, friendly & made us very welcome on our first visit - We will be back to watch the Wales vs Ireland game on Friday.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Went for a colleagues leaving do, after the night had ended an elderly man who had been drinking in the bar fell and badly split his head right outside the doors, when we asked the bouncer with the bald head and long beard if the man could sit inside and wait for an ambulance he laughed and locked the door, tells you all you need to know

4  Thank Paddy M