“Ok food, shame about the staff”

The Elk Bistro & Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 67 Restaurants in Magherafelt
Price range: USD 6 - USD 28
Cuisines: Irish, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Elk Bistro & Wine Bar.
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Went here for dinner with my partner this weekend. This wasn’t our first visit but sadly the service hasn’t improved any. I’m generally not one to complain but the service was genuinely laughable!

Our empty mains plates sat in front of us for 30mins and not one member of staff came near us to clear them or offer us a dessert menu - And it’s not to say they were busy as it was the end of service, just too preoccupied stood beside the bar on their phones! There was even a more senior looking member of waiting staff stood behind the bar on the landline phone on a personal call! Despite making repeated eye contact still nobody looked near us.

Needless to say after the 30+ mins of a very frustrating wait we left. (The woman behind the bar was courteous enough to end her call to take our money).

Some common manners would go a long way and a lesson in customer service certainly would not go a miss. Dissapointing

1  Thank Lou573

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I had Turkey and ham with wonderful stuffing, gravy, scrumptious mash and roast potatoes and roast root vegetables. The young Lady who served me brought ice cold water and cranberry sauce. The young gentleman brought me the desert menu and recommended the banoffee pie. Though mocha coffee was not advertised they made it up for me.

Highly recommend this and wish the lovley servers Shannon and John the best of luck and hope all their dreams come true.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Was at the elk for Sunday lunch and everything was first class.The staff are really good and the food is the best we have had in a long time. will be back very soon...

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent service very charming waitress, the ambiance is relaxed and the food is cooked to perfection, varied menu to too much choice I would easily recommended this bistro

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Visited the Elk last night for a meal . Our whole experience was excellent The service was friendly and efficient by all the staff . We both ordered Sirloin Steak and were not disappointed one of the nicest steaks I have had . It came with lovely mushrooms and onions and some salad the garlic fries were delicious
I had the Eton Mess which was very well presented and delicious.
I look forward to returning and would recommend the Elk for a lovely dinning experience Thanks to all at the Elk