1,931 results
All reviews tea room afternoon tea gallery restaurant feature room black swan six course tasting menu molton brown toiletries scones market square bar area evening meal lovely hotel wedding party restaurant staff market menu lamb special occasion
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Lovely tearoom with a old worldly charm. Had afternoon tea which was a civilised experience with old fashioned mismatched china adding to the stepping back in time charm. Apart from the scones which I'm not sure were completely fresh, the food was of a good standard. We were served by Laura who was professional, very friendly and attentive which made the whole experience memorable. She is a real asset as these qualities are hard to find in any industry particularly hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Mieka_Smiles, Public Relations Manager at The Black Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

We're sorry you didn't feel our scones were at their absolute best - we will pass on that feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you next time!

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Visited the Tearoom on Sunday with my partner and her son. Ordered coffee and cake and I ordered a fruit scone. When the scone arrived it was plain so I asked it to be changed for a fruit one which was what I ordered. After 10 minutes I asked where it was and was told it was on its way! By the time it came everyone had finished there coffee and cake and my coffee was cold. Really poor service. the waitress came over and asked if everything was Okay and I explained that it wasn't and she simply said "Oh"

Room Tip: use one of the many other tearooms in Helmsley this is expensive and not worth it
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Mrkmfd
Mieka_Smiles, Public Relations Manager at The Black Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review The Black Swan.

We are so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience. We will pass the information of your feedback onto the Tearoom.

If you would like to discuss your stay with me further please contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We booked for an afternoon tea for four people. It was a really lovely outing and the afternoon tea was beautifully done. The staff were very friendly and attentive. My after in law has decided that he would like to go back for the fish and chips on the meal menu. Looking forward to June already

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Lis_Rickelton, Manager at The Black Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay - and we are looking forward to welcoming you all back!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Room was good only down point given price for B&B was the pillows were very poor, but the bed was comfy.
Breakfast portion was disappointing for husband as he only wanted sausage and beans and only received 2 sausages and a small ramakin of beans.
However the customer service here is one of the best I have seen. All staff very welcoming and I was even given a travel bag of water and an apple to see me home which was very thoughtful.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Lis_Rickelton, Manager at The Black Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

We are sorry about your pillows! Next time you stay with us make sure to mention this on check in and we'll do our best to provide you with an alternative that's more suitable for you.

Thank you for mentioning our customer service - we are very glad we made you feel welcome.

We look forward to you visiting us again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Just a one night stay here, lovely room overlooking the gardens at the rear, quiet & peaceful, no traffic noise. Modern shower room, my husband would have loved a bath however. Comfortable room overall. Parking on front of hotel, be sure to get a voucher from reception to park in the square, as very busy during the day.
Friendly helpful staff .
Quaint old building with modern additions to the rear, top of the town , perfect spot, comfortable bar & public areas, with beautiful gardens to the rear, perfect for lunch etc on warm days.

Room Tip: To the rear in modern extension
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

What a lovely review.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post it.

Come back soon!