“Summer menu”

Ranfield's Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Ranfield's Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Coggeshall
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the charming market town of Coggeshall, ranfields Brasserie brings a metropolitan touch to the heart of Essex. The 16th century building was originally converted into a restaurant by restaurateur Peter Langan and now boasts a relaxed and welcoming space with smart but comfortable décor – ideal for dinner with friends, family or clients. The menus, put together by award-winning chef john ranfield, feature top-quality, seasonal ingredients, with all seafood sourced from London’s Billingsgate Market. With an a la carte, prix fixe, and light lunch menu on offer, there is something for everyone.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Another great experience at Ranfields brasserie. Their new menu ticked all the boxes, starters and main courses is what we went for this time and the choices were difficult to make, but we were extremely happy with our decision.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

When we made the booking it was explained that our daughter is dairy intolerant and was presently following a low fodmap diet on the advice of her dietitian.
The waiting staff and cook did everything above our expectations to ensure she had a memorable meal as did my wife and I.
Well worth the eighty minute return journey and we shall return time and time again.
Thank you all once again.

1  Thank 648Rocky
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Firstly do not look into the 4 rating on this trip adviser...its simply absurd that it's not Michelin star let alone 4 stars on trip. Simply disregard this stupidity.
USED TIME AND TIME BEFORE...
We have used this restaurant for many years and the standard has always been Michelin star, we eat out 5 plus times a month and to be honest should just eat here as no others within 20 miles come close to the outstanding produce and touch from this remarkable chef. The new menu, by the way, is outstanding, we thank you for yet another unbelievable meal!
COMPARED TO OTHER RESTAURANTS
We had a meal out at the bedford lodge in newmarket ,2 rosettes , it came not even close to the meal here on Thursday night.
SERVICE - outstanding as well, the girls here are welcoming, courteous and on the ball.
MENU - The menu is amazing, from fillet steak to obscure frogs legs, popcorn creme brulee OMG...amazing... you have to eat everything together, by the way, it all just comes together and tastes out of this world.
As a local business owner, i cannot rave about this restaurant enough, seriously if it ever went im not sure where we would go.
Thank you Johnboy for a fantastic menu and well-organised staff.

1  Thank Mr-k1ng
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

The wife and I met 12 years ago this week and our six year old son was at a sleepover.

Ranfields is a ten minute walk but we rarely get the chance to dine out.

Wow! What an amazing meal tonight.

I will review my choices only.

Scallops with bacon ham and pomegranate were better than the scallops I had at Raymond Blanc’s “Manoir aux Quatre Saison”

I followed that with Venison which was melt in the mouth good.

I don’t usually do desserts but the wife persuaded me to try the “-Tea and Biscuits”. This is Earl Grey tea parfait with biscotti. Devoured.

Amazing meal and the price was exceptional.

My only grievance? I was unable to tip as had no cash on me and card payment did not let me. add a gratuity.

4  Thank Si M
Reviewed 12 March 2018

impressed once again and yet to be disappointed. The special choices were amazing if not a touch too much, but finished off anyway.

2  Thank Douglas H