“Truly a Home from Home”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Firmins Bakehouse

The garden in May
The Bakehouse
The kitchen seats six
The living room
The super king bed can be split into two full size twins.
We supply towels, body lotion, shower gel and hand wash.
The garden in March and our chickens - who sometimes lay your eggs!
The living room
The main house
In the snow!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Yves36
New York
“Truly a Home from Home”
Reviewed 15 March 2017 for a stay in November 2016

You will not be disappointed if you choose Firmins Bakehouse. It is so much more than a holiday rental. I have stayed here several times and from the very first visit it became my home from home when I visit family in Essex. It is always my first choice and I will move my dates rather than go elsewhere. I have stayed as long as 4 weeks here and I never tire of this lovely cottage and the Stevenson hospitality. The cottage itself is fully equipped with everything you need. It is comfortable, clean and stylishly decorated. Alex and her family are such lovely hosts that It feels like staying with friends. She is always on hand should you need help with anything and you will have total privacy should you prefer that. If you choose The Bakehouse you will definitely want to return. I am looking forward to my next stay. I would give it six stars if I could.

16 Mar 2017
Thank you Yvette, we love having you to stay and hope you can come again soon. Please bring the good weather with you from across 'the pond and not the bad though! Alex x
barbaramo...
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent accommodation and relaxing stay”
Reviewed 13 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Had another lovely stay at the Bakehouse, everything perfect as usual, very comfortable and stylish accommodation with everything you need to make it home from home, Nice eating places, pubs and shops within walking distance in Coggeshall, all very relaxing. Alex is very friendly and goes out of her way to make sure you have all you need to make your stay comfortable. Would highly recommend staying at the Bakehouse.

13 Mar 2017
Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am delighted you enjoy coming to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon I hope! Alex
Susiemcam...
Phoenix, Arizona
“This is the one! No need to look elsewhere.”
Reviewed 8 March 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

I have stayed at Firmin's Bakehouse numerous times and LOVE it there. Spacious, stylishly decorated, extremely comfortable and an ideal location. It's a home from home and Alex and her family go out of their way to make you feel welcome.
Coggeshall is a wonderful village with every amenity you can think of but it still retains its village charm. It also has the advantage of being close to Kelvedon for train links into London only 50 minutes away.
I am British but live in Phoenix Arizona and travel back and forth frequently and I rent Firmin's every time I'm in Essex with my family.
It's the perfect vacation rental if you're looking for something special and amazing.
I'll be back

13 Mar 2017
Sue, we love having you to stay and meeting your family when they accompany you. Just have to remember to ensure you have a good supply of English biscuits! Thank you for the review.Alex
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing