“Cosy restaurant and friendly service.”

La Falda del Montseny SL.
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Campins
Price range: USD 23 - USD 35
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 March 2018

I visited "La falda del Montseny" last Saturday, and I was accompanied by three good friends. This restaurant was on the outskirts of town, near of Muntseny mountain. The location was on a beautiful and peaceful area. The building was quite big, and around it there was a garden and a little farm with different animals, like rabbits, birds and goats. Was funny see the children playing with animals.
Inside the restaurant we could see a rustic decor, and we felt cosy. Quickly a waitress asked us if we had a reservation, and toke us until a table.
The menu of the restaurant was traditional Catalan food mainly. For starters we decided share two typical Catalan dishes. One of them was "calçots" (It’s like a thin onion with a special sauce named Rumescu) The onions were very tasty and tender, and sauce was delicious. And other one was snails. Mmmm... I love snails, and those were delightful. For the second, I went for the steak with vegetables on the side. I ordered medium rare steak, and it was juicy and so tender. For desserts I ordered "Crema Catalana" (It was like a cream with sugar burned on the top) It had a perfect sweet and was creamy. The price of the whole meal was reasonable. Highly recommendable.
I'm sure that I will return to this restaurant very soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

What a nice place. The staff is friendly and efficient. Something quite rare nowadays: very good at their job. I ordered the Filet with Foie, and however you feel about foie, it was simply the best piece of meat I've had in a very, long, time. Cooked to medium rare perfection with a buttery foie sauce, I imagine it didn't do my cholesterol any good but oh boy was it a feast.

Please. Do yourself a favor and order the filet with foie.

You won't regret it.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

We stopped off initially for tapas, they said that they mainly did entrees but after talking to the waitress and the owners son, they sorted us out. It was lovely. So lovely we said that we would come back the next day for a proper meal, which we did. That too was lovely, with great service again. Lovely atmosphere, and we thought that it was great value for money.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Cheap Meat and wine with a low quality. Expensive for what they offer
We ordered a closed menu, and service tried to make us pay more money than agreed by saying we could order a second dish from the whole list. They also forgot to serve the wine, so were on fist dish with no wine, so we had to stand and find the waiter to require him/her something to drink...

Reviewed 1 February 2017

La Falda de Montseny is a fantastic place for Real Catalan rustic food! Furthermore it is located in the beautiful nature scenery of Montseny which makes it a great escape from Barcelonas Urban area. It is a special place because it is run by a family for a long time and the service is everytime excellent. The best plate to have is the beef steak with Foie! It is just incredibly delicious and a must-be for all meet lovers! It is the Catalan place to go for my family and me!

1  Thank ChristinYES