Malibu Apartments
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I would like to add.... I have just returned from the Malibu and I had a lovely week, and I can not find anything negative to write about the apartment, the staff, nor its location. It was just perfect!

I will certainly return - thank you.

Room Tip: I couldnt work out the room numbers but I had a great view and Sun on my Balcony all day!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank maria h
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Yet again we got a crap room from thomas cook and we only had one electric socket that worked. we got stuck in a corner of the building on the third floor down but we did not complain as we were only there for a week and did not fancy unpacking and moving about. luckily we had great weather and so spent most of our time out of the apartments otherwise it would have been a nightmare. would definately not go nack here if you paid me and i would say it should be anyones last resort unless you like a secluded location on top of a mountain.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 17 February 2012

just returned from a four day break in puerto rico, gran canaria.

weather was a bit hit and miss but the hotel that we stayed in was quite simply fine for our stay! spotlessly clean! yes you do have to hire a kettle/toaster/microwave etc if you want these things!!! we just boiled a pan to make a brew!! easy really isnt it! the staff that we met were friendly and helpfull! apart from the heavily pegnant one in the little supermarket! but i guess she's got an excus eh!? only downside to the location is that the hotel is right at the top of a stupidly large hill! cracking views though! about half an hour to walk down and only 3 euros to get back in a taxi! we had a great time and would definitely go back there. give it a shot! a nice budget place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank neilcartwright
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This was my 1st visit of Puerto Rico had a great flight over arrived 35 mins early, no problem with tranfer. When I booked this trip I knew it was up a big hill, believe me its a long way up. ( Great veiws and very peaceful, had the goats visit in the mornings) Always walked down twice a day to the beach( weather amazing !!!!!) and again to the centre in the eveing. My husband and I always had a taxi up twice a day never anymore than 2.70 euros. (yes did walk up once but that was enough). The apartments are quite large, small kitchen area with breakfast bar, sofa with tv in lounge ( takes euros) Bathroom had a most powerful shower which was great, plenty of loo rolls, clean towels, maid did a good job! All in all had a great week in the sun at a bargain price of £340 for the two of us, and thats with flights, transfer, luggage, and apartment. Would I go again and stay here yes of course, great winter break :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TorquayPaula
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Nothing more to say about the mountain its situated on as the last 3 reviews are spot on.
Cheapest Taxi 2.30 euros most expensive 3 euros. Being well over our ideal BMI we still walked it down and back on many evenings. Hard yes, but well worth the effort. Some great views. We had a name for each bend that we stopped at for a rest.lol
Hotel very clean and quiet with all the staff being exceptionally nice....yes they really were. Ok opening times were a little restrictive, but you dont go to Spain and dictate when they should have their Siesta do you, when in Rome and all that......
I had no problems with the Wi-Fi. 20 euros for 2 weeks when my Vodafone dongle ate £8 in the first day. Very quick and broadband connection. Payed Wi-Fi by PayPal so safe as houses.
Pool bar food not to our liking, so what, very basic but some fantastic places to eat in town.
Room was adequate for 2 and you did have to pay 3 euros for a toaster. We went self catering to keep the package cost down but had no intention of cooking on holiday anyway. Why would you want to do that?
The views of the mountain side is rocky, that's what all the Canary islands are like, its like complaining that Scotland is very wet. Gran Canaria had a little more rain than usual before we arrived and was in fact greener than normal. But the great thing about this hotel is you dont see the local town and have any traffic noise. At night the mountain air is much cooler and pleasant for sleeping but plenty of sun during the day.
We did the Anfi trip in full knowledge of what is was about just to get the 45 euro voucher which helped pay for the "Sioux City" night out....no problems at all getting the cash from the Thomas Cook rep " Sophie" ( Fantastic rep BTW).
All in all a good holiday!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple