“good hotel and will go back”
Review of Malibu Apartments

Malibu Apartments
Ranked #51 of 69 Hotels in Puerto Rico
“good hotel and will go back”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

we went for a break just before xmas and just basically wanted a room some where where we could relax and enjoy some sun and we wasnt dissapointed! rooms are basic and had to pay for a kettle which is refundable on leaving our room had a fridge and pots etc that u need for sc! veiw was lovely and the top was an amazing place to su bathe and relax! the apartments where at the very top of a steep hill which walking down is no problem but as i never walked back up i would think its not for people that have mobility problems although taxis are very cheap! had some great places in the city centre to eat and a very good cheap pub we went to every night which was very friendly. great area! would defo recommend. reception was good and very pleasant and helpful so all in all we had a fab time and would go back! dont expect 5 star as u will be disspointed

• Stayed December 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
london
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I would like to add.... I have just returned from the Malibu and I had a lovely week, and I can not find anything negative to write about the apartment, the staff, nor its location. It was just perfect!

I will certainly return - thank you.

Room Tip: I couldnt work out the room numbers but I had a great view and Sun on my Balcony all day!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank maria h
farnworth
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Yet again we got a crap room from thomas cook and we only had one electric socket that worked. we got stuck in a corner of the building on the third floor down but we did not complain as we were only there for a week and did not fancy unpacking and moving about. luckily we had great weather and so spent most of our time out of the apartments otherwise it would have been a nightmare. would definately not go nack here if you paid me and i would say it should be anyones last resort unless you like a secluded location on top of a mountain.

• Stayed February 2012

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Rico hotels

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2012

just returned from a four day break in puerto rico, gran canaria.

weather was a bit hit and miss but the hotel that we stayed in was quite simply fine for our stay! spotlessly clean! yes you do have to hire a kettle/toaster/microwave etc if you want these things!!! we just boiled a pan to make a brew!! easy really isnt it! the staff that we met were friendly and helpfull! apart from the heavily pegnant one in the little supermarket! but i guess she's got an excus eh!? only downside to the location is that the hotel is right at the top of a stupidly large hill! cracking views though! about half an hour to walk down and only 3 euros to get back in a taxi! we had a great time and would definitely go back there. give it a shot! a nice budget place to stay!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank neilcartwright
torquay
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This was my 1st visit of Puerto Rico had a great flight over arrived 35 mins early, no problem with tranfer. When I booked this trip I knew it was up a big hill, believe me its a long way up. ( Great veiws and very peaceful, had the goats visit in the mornings) Always walked down twice a day to the beach( weather amazing !!!!!) and again to the centre in the eveing. My husband and I always had a taxi up twice a day never anymore than 2.70 euros. (yes did walk up once but that was enough). The apartments are quite large, small kitchen area with breakfast bar, sofa with tv in lounge ( takes euros) Bathroom had a most powerful shower which was great, plenty of loo rolls, clean towels, maid did a good job! All in all had a great week in the sun at a bargain price of £340 for the two of us, and thats with flights, transfer, luggage, and apartment. Would I go again and stay here yes of course, great winter break :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple